Chapter 10

It has been almost a whole month since Chris was in town and honestly felt like the whole thing was a dream and I would have believed it if I didn't have all the messages and all late-night calls log saved in my phone. Every day goes by like any other regular day, no surprised visits at school or at work, no more late-night talks and staying up late talking about well, anything. My phone has been silent from the occasional notifications from social media here and there, and some messages from Hannah or other friends.

 But nothing from Chris yet...I mean why should it surprise me, he's one of the most well known and loved actors in the world. And I'm just another ordinary girl from a small town.

It's not like we were anything but friends, and there's what a twenty to twenty-one year age difference between us... so even if I had a chance the issue with him being older than me by a lot of years and not only would I worry what our families would think, but what about everyone else if the press found out before we had a chance to speak for ourselves they would turn it into something big and drastic. Oh, I can already see it now... 

"Chris Evans' dating eighteen-year-old girl, true love or just a chance to feel young again?" 

"Eighteen-year-old dating Captain America, all love or just for the money?"

Even though there are other people in relationships especially other celebrities, in relationships with a large age-gap between the partners, it doesn't stop me from worrying about Chris' career or even his own feelings. I would never forgive myself if I knew that I could be the reason for ruining his career or image just because I have some childish crush on him. Which is why I will never tell him.

No matter how much it will hurt to see him find someone, no matter who he ends up with, I will never tell him that I Andrea Emilia Delgado, am completely and utterly in love with him. 

Christopher Robert Evans...

It has almost been a month since he kissed me.

I put down my pen, placing it back inside my Harry Potter covered journal as I pick up my phone that started going off.  "Hello?"  I speak into the phone, not bothering to check who it was.

"Hey girl!" 

"Oh, hey Karelyn!! What's up?" 

"Are you by any chance busy right now?" 

"No not at the moment, how come?"

"Do you want to meet up at the mall?"

"Yeah sounds like fun," I respond after realizing she couldn't see me nodding my head. 

"Alright great, meet you there in about twenty minutes?" 

"Yepp sounds good to me." 

 "Great, alright byeee."

"Byee." I couldn't help but chuckle at the end as I set my phone back on my bed after hanging up the call.

"So I've been meaning to ask you-" Karelyn starts as we head out along the strip after leaving Starbucks, "-Is everything alright? I just feel like you have been acting off lately and you seemed so happy and excited at school and especially towards the end of the days of the past month..."

"Oh... yeah, yeah I'm good. I just um have been having a good day the past few days that's all."

"For the past 28 days?" She questions with a curious expression forming.

"Yes?"

"...." 

I felt bad for lying, she is one of my closest friends and someone I feel like I can trust with anything. Heck, we even follow each other on Wattpad after she found out I had the app when I forgot to get off the app when she tried showing me a new feature on Snapchat. I'm a hundred percent sure that I'm not the only one who is cautious when it comes to opening my app in school or anywhere public.

Especially when it involves reading or writing your own fanfiction. As it's only fair, as she is a fan of Marvel herself and I know that she won't tell anyone else unless she gets my approval or its someone I know we can both trust.

"Okay, so I do have something to tell you but you have to promise you cannot, and I mean it Karelyn, you cannot tell anyone about what I am about to tell you... I know I have been acting well off, but only because I was really having a great couple of weeks and it's because, well I have been hanging out with someone who is incredibly amazing, sweet, and just such a great person who..."

"Who..?" She stops in front of me, as she pulled me aside next to a store so weren't standing in anyone's way.

"Who happens or well happened to be Chris Evans..." I finally confessed to her.

"Karelyn?" I start to worry if telling her was a good idea as she been standing there for almost two whole minutes without saying anything. Like she was in shock, which I don't really blame her if she was. 

"Yeah... yeah, I am good, I just... wow you caught me by surprise there, I thought you were going to tell me you were hanging out with Justin this whole time."

"Eww, why would I do that?"

"That's true, I shouldn't have even thought of that."

"Wow, you are taking this a lot better than I thought you would be if I am going to be completely honest here," I confessed to her as we started walking again.

"Yeah I thought the same thing, I think I might be in shock right now, to be honest with you." She responds as she holds the door open or us to get inside of Hot Topic.

This store has to be one of my favorites in the world, it has everything. Literally everything. From makeup supplies to bed sheets and even if the store is small I still love spending "hours" as my mom claims, in the store looking at everything. Especially at the Marvel, Supernatural and my other amazing fandoms. I didn't realize I walked away from Karelyn when I hear footsteps shuffling over to me and hands swatting at my arm aggressively.

"WHY-DIDN'T-YOU-TELL-ME-YOU-WERE-TALKING-TO-CAPTAIN-FREAKING-AMERICA. A.K.A-MR.-AMERICA'S-ASS??" Karelyn whisper shouts at me while she continues her assault. I guess she was really in shock earlier.

"Okay. Okay, I get it I'm a bad friend. Can you stop now? My arm is already  starting to bruise from your assault." I tell her as I try to block her from hurting me even more.

"Sorry I will stop and you're not a bad friend. If I was talking to Thor Odinson I would have been hesitant to tell someone too." 

"You mean Chris Hemsworth?" 

"Nope, he's married already. Plus I like a guy who's worthy and missing an eye." 

"...."

We burst out laughing at her last sentence, which is kind of ironic since Thor and Chris Hemsworth are pretty much the same man. One of the reasons why we get along so well, we both are weird fangirls. 

Well, that's actually every fangirl but you get the point.

"Man this is why I love you and our friendship," I tell her after getting my breathing back under control.

"Aww I know I love our friendship too, I swear we could get stuck into another alternate universe with the Avengers or something and we would just be geeking out together instead of freaking out unlike other regular people... then try to help each other....get with the Avenger we have a crush on," she responds while trying to herself to get her breathing back from laughing so hard.

"Yeah that is true, that actually sounds like something we would do. Especially you." I respond as we head towards the check-out line with the merch we are planning on buying.

"So, any other big thing you want to tell me or is that all?" 

"Umm-" I thought back to the day Chris was leaving. "-actually there is one more thing I have to tell you."