R-u-l-e-s

Logainne and Leaf's arrangement had been going on for several weeks. Leaf would come over whenever he could, they'd drag the backpack out of the closet, and then they'd settle down and spend some quality down time together. Whether it be coloring (Leaf loved coloring), watching kids' TV, or playing pretend, they always found something to do together.

Leaf was very energetic when he was in littlespace. That is to say, ten times more than he was normally. He was extremely curious, and was always asking questions. He was very clingy as well, and didn't like to be alone for very long.

Logainne, fortunately, was accommodating in all aspects when taking care of him. She was always able to answer his questions, even when she didn't know the answers, and never left him alone for more than a couple of minutes.

It was even better when her moms weren't home, cause then they could use the whole house and she could make him little snacks and meals.

Logainne let out a sigh as she continued her homework. She was almost done, but she also needed to finish that research paper she made up for her moms (who wanted to see it, so unfortunately she had to deliver).

That's when she heard a familiar knock on the door. She smiled and rushed to it, almost being tackled to the ground by Leaf as she welcomed him in.

"HI!" He giggled loudly, trying not to lose his balance. "Hey there kiddo! How've you been?" Logainne asked, steadying him.

"Been good!" He grinned, then leaned in and whispered in her ear, "'M really small." He continued giggling, scrunching up in a shy stance.

"Oh, you're really small, huh?" Logainne repeated attentively. Leaf nodded, keeping that full tooth grin. "How small?" She questioned, bending down to his level.

He thought about it for a minute, holding up two fingers in a shrug as he scrunched up even more. They giggled to themselves, Logainne grabbing onto his hands.

"Well, we'll just have to do something about that, won't we?" She stated as she led them to her bedroom, being careful as to not bother her moms.

They closed the door, and immediately Leaf went over to the closet and pulled out the backpack.

He rummaged through it, pulling out Bee, his green pacifier, his blue sippy cup, and his coloring book and crayons. He popped the pacifier in his mouth and hummed with content.

Logainne smiled, sitting down next to him and helping set everything up. "You want me to fill this up?" She asked, pointing to his sippy cup. He nodded enthusiastically. "Milk!"

"Okay." She stood up and headed for the door, but stopped as she heard whining behind her. She turned around to see Leaf making grabby hands, with the biggest puppy eyes possible.

"Oh, Leaf, I gotta go to the kitchen if I'm gonna get some milk for you!" She bent over to him and picked him up. "No! No leave!" He shook his head, grabbing on to her tight. She sighed. "Do you wanna come with me?"

He nodded hesitantly, hiding in the crook of her neck. "Alright, but you gotta leave your paci here, bud." She said. He whined in response. "Come on, you gotta give up something bee." She cooed, putting him down.

He shuffled over to his spot, putting his pacifier with his crayons. "Good job." Logainne praised, holding out her hand. He took it, following her downstairs.

They got to the kitchen, and she took out two cups and filled them with milk, looking around to see if her moms were near. She then grabbed some vanilla extract from the cabinet and put a few drops in both of their cups.

"Can you hold this?" She held out one of the cups to Leaf after putting the vanilla away. He took it carefully, holding on tight with two hands, nodding with determination.