|| afterword ||

A U T H O R ' S N O T E

This is the end. I haven't thought that I'll ever be able to do this - to write a whole ass book but turns out, sometimes your dreams don't just stay dreams forever. I'm proud of this little work of mine, no matter how it turns out for my readers. I really hope that if you're reading this note, you have had a good time. This is my little contribution to the reading and writing world.

To give you a glimpse of the journey that I went through while writing this, I wanted to share a little behind the scenes session. ♥

━━━━━

F A C T S

• Eliza's name in the first draft was Elizabeth Cassandra Scott.

• William was supposed to be the inventor of the Time Machine.

• In the first draft, William tells Eliza about their baby in the future.

• In the first draft, there was a teacher named Poppy Clark, who had a crush on William.

• Eliza wasn't supposed to cheat on James with William.

• Eliza was supposed to be new in relationship with James.

• Eliza wasn't a Goth chick. She was the most popular girl in college and James was crazy for her.

• William wasn't an author but a scientist.

• Eliza's mother was alive in the draft and she was the headmistress of the college.

• There was no Lorna Diaz or Arabella Davidson.

• William wasn't married to Eliza, just engaged. She was his girlfriend for two years and they lived together.

• In the draft, William was already in love with Eliza.

• Eliza and William weren't supposed to have a happy ending.

• Harvey Scott was a newspaper editor.

• Eliza's mom was supposed to die on her birthday.

• In the first draft, James molested Eliza due to which she broke up with him.

• In the draft, William used Poppy to make Eliza jealous.

• Eliza had a crush on her neighbor, a young musician who lived across. (the house which later became William's in the original version)

• Harvey Scott was supposed to be a drunkard.

• James was supposed to be arrested after William files a complaint on behalf of Eliza.

• Eliza was an artist in the first draft.

• William's name was Brandon Smith.

• The story was supposed to end with William returning home without Eliza.

• Lastly, the story was titled 'Fated'.

• The story was supposed to be rated 18+.

━━━━━

Q & A

Q. Will there be a sequel?
= Yep. If things go well and I reach a decent number of reads, I have plans to write a story for Joseph. It will be another time travel romance and I have the story somewhat planned.

Q. Will we get bonus chapters?
= Definitely. I am just waiting for the right time to publish them.

Q. Do Will and Eliza live happily ever after?
= Well, they did have some ups and downs but I am pretty sure their love for each other never changed.

Q. Will we get the story of their children?
= Yes, like I said, Joseph will surely have a story to tell but I haven't decided upon Cassie yet.

Q. Where did you get the idea?
= Everywhere! It was somewhere in the environment waiting to be picked up and written out.

Q. Did James ever love Eliza?
= Yes, he did and he still does.

Q. Will James live happily too?
= Yes. Even though he still imagines a life with Eliza some times but he loves his daughter more and therefore, lives happily with his family.

Q. Is Harvey happy?
= Yes, he is now the badass grandpa who roams the world and flirts with single old ladies.

Q. Did William love his father?
= Yes, he respected and loved him but his father often ended up disappointing him with the lack of affection.

Q. Why does William adore Harvey so much?
= Because he sees in Harvey what he never found in his own father. It makes him a child again and he always puts Harvey's advice first.

Q. Did William and Eliza have more kids?
= Nope, they both decided against it since they wanted to provide all to their two children and then live a peaceful life afterwards.

Q. Did James have another child?
= Yes, he had twins and he named them Liza and Beth.

Q. What happened to Arabella?
= She went on to open her own fashion line and was quite successful. She even adopted a daughter but mostly lived her life alone because she enjoyed it.

Q. What happened to the time device?
= After William broke it, Harvey kept the pieces in his locker safely until Joseph found them and what happened next is the sequel.

Q. Did Lorna stay in touch with William and Eliza?
= Unfortunately, they only stayed in touch with phone calls and after a while, those were forgotten too but Lorna lived a happy life with her wife and they opened an orphanage together to take care of little children.

Q. What did William and Eliza do about the letters?
= They kept them safely for the rest of their lives.

Q. Did William ever write a book on time travel?
= Yes, he did but it was still a horror novel.

Q. What was the original ending of the story?
= In the first draft, William returned home without convincing Eliza but they met again years later and started to date.

Q. Did William always remain famous?
= Yes, he did but he learnt to keep himself grounded.

Q. What was the message of the story?
= Take whatever you learnt from it or if you didn't learn anything that's okay too. It's just a story about two imperfect people who found something beautiful and if you enjoyed reading it, that's enough for me.

━━━━━

Thank you for reading. Hope to see you back in another story soon.

<3