Namjoon Gets Knocked Down (Pt 2)

Taehyung's POV -

It's been a month since the accident happened, but I still have the same nightmare every night. Always, at the same moment, as soon as the car makes contact with Namjoon, I jolt awake screaming, a cold sweat seeping through my body. I'm always met with Yoongi, who immediately will pull me into a cuddle, and shush my sobs until I'm too exhausted to continue. Every night, I beg for it to be just a dream, that when I wake up, Namjoon will be in the kitchen, eating breakfast like the rest of us, drinking juice out the carton just the way Seokjin hates. It never happens.

Namjoon is still in hospital. In fact, he was in a coma until three days ago, when he finally came around over the span of two days. His list of injuries is endless, with a shattered pelvis, two breaks in his back, major internal bleeding, and a bad brain injury, as well as numerous broken bones all over his body. It took the surgeons six days to tell us he went into cardiac arrest three times during that first day. Most of his bones are still healing, leaving him covered in plaster, locking him away from our contact.

But the doctors were right. He's brain damaged. At this moment in time, they don't know how much he'll heal, but we're looking at him being unable to walk or talk just at this moment. In reality, his chances of walking are slim even if he does recover - he's shown no signs of being able to feel or move his legs.

He's in critical care at this moment, so we can only visit him one at a time, once a day. I've only seen him once since he woke up, and there was no recognition in his eyes. He just whimpered and drooled until a nurse ushered me out of the room. Even though it won't be my turn to see him until next week, I don't think I can bear to go.

It's been a month from hell. All of our schedule has been completely dropped, and won't be picked back up for a long time yet. PDnim said we're on an unofficial break, until we can determine what's going to happen with Namjoon. We have no concerts, no live music, no dance practice, nothing. We've even been instructed not to hold any V-Lives.

Jungkook has been taking this the worst out of all of us. He's lost so much weight, and he doesn't get any more sleep than I do. He's even gone so far as to faint a few times. He's been hospitalised himself, though it was just for a day, due to the fact we couldn't bring him around at all. Trying to feed him has been difficult, as he just sadly shakes his head whenever he's offered any food. A couple of times now, I've had to force feed him, pinching his nose shut so that he has no choice but to open his mouth, sobbing all the while. It's heartbreaking, but I won't stop. I can't let him go too.

Today was Hoseok's turn at the hospital. He comes back a little later than usual, and he's holding a folder full of different papers. He holds his close to his chest, his expression puzzled, like he's trying to piece together an unsolvable riddle. It's been a long time since I last saw him smile, but this new expression makes my stomach drop. I open my mouth to speak, but I can't form the words; they just get stuck in my throat. He sees my expression, and gives me a quick, nervous smile.

"Could you gather the others? I've been given some news. I only saw Joonie for five minutes before the doctor dragged me away."

Wordlessly, I nod my head, standing up quickly. It doesn't take long to pass the message around, since, now that we have no schedule, and no leader to guide us towards work, we all just mainly sulk in our rooms. Jungkook was the hardest to find, since he'd managed to fold himself away into a small crevice in his wardrobe.

In the living room, Hoseok has pulled a chair out of the kitchen, and placed it facing the sofa. He sits timidly on the edge, his body as tense as a spring. He looks like he will go flying at any given second. We all pile onto the sofa, our full attention on him. The tension in the room could be cut like a knife.