What's life like for Timmy and Tommy?

Nook Family by Lilliblueorchid, a.k.a. Clair Sun (Tumblr)

Pete was just starting to be exhausted by all the mail that was starting to collect in his satchel. Apparently, Pelly's announcement had reached more people than he thought, and the letters were coming in by the minute. He decided to stop flying and land on a tree stump to sit down. Luckily it was near his next destination: Nookington's. He was here yesterday already, but at least this time he had more than just one letter for Nook. He had that catalog and other business-related mail to give him (if the envelopes were anything to go by). As he started to sift through the amount of letters he had to deliver, he noticed that many of them were all coming from the same person. Or rather, two little raccoons.

Well, it didn't matter who sent it; he had to deliver their letters no matter what.

As he came into the familiar sight of the lavishly decorated Nookington's, Tom Nook was there to greet him, like the good sales clerk he was.

"Welcome, Pete! I assume I have some mail, yes yes?"

Pete opened his mail bag and started pulling out the slew of letters. "Precisely. Although I also have one letter for Timmy and Tommy too." He handed Tom the pile of letters, and one of them caught Tom's eye. It was the envelope usually used by his shop, although the leaf sticker was a little off center. What was even more curious was that it was from his shop.

It looked like Timmy and Tommy...wrote a letter to themselves?

"Maybe I should have a talk with them," he said to himself. But then again, there was no harm being done.

...Except Pete was working unnecessarily to deliver letters addressed to the sender.

It was probably fine.

"Timmy! Tommy! You have a letter!"

The Nooklings came down as fast as they could from the second level, overjoyed that they would be getting a letter. Even though they knew it was from themselves, they still felt glad when they received it. They were so overjoyed in fact that they almost forgot that Pete was still standing there. 

"Oh, hi Pete!" "Thanks for delivering the letter!" "We've never had mail before!"

Pete just smiled and saluted. "It's always my duty to deliver them, no matter what!"

Tom handed the two boys their letter before apologizing to Pete. "Terribly sorry for them making extra work for you. I should probably talk to them about sending letters to themselves." Pete just waved his hand dismissively. "It's no trouble at all. They're good kids, and what's the harm in sending themselves a letter every so often? Besides, it gives me something to do."

And with his usual farewell salute, he walked out of the store and quickly took to the skies.

The twins excitedly rushed up the stairs to unseal their coveted possession. The quickly reached their private room, plopping down on the bottom bunk. They hastily teared up the envelop to reveal not one, but two small letters.

It was a game to them. Each twin would write a question that the other twin couldn't see until the envelope came in the mail. Then they would swap letters to answer each other's question, only this time they acted like they were answering fan mail. It was quite fun, actually. They used to do it all the time when they were living with their adopted mom.

Once they swapped letters, they took turns reading them out loud. Tommy went first:

 Tommy went first: