Chapter 1

"Okay! Push".

FREEZE.. Okay, My name is Pete Townshend and my girlfriend, Suzie is about to give birth to twins. We don't know the gender, but I want a boy and a girl, she wants 2 boys. 

*3 MONTHS EARLIER, August 1965*  -  "Why do you want two sons? Boys are disgusting and messy, and when they grow older, they smell worse, I should know." I protest to my 6 month pregnant girlfriend.

"Why do you want a daughter? When they reach 12, they become really moody and angry. They're worse than boys in that sense. I have 3 older sisters and they were always extremely moody and unpleasant when they got to the age of 12 or 13." Suzie replies.

*BACK AGAIN, November 20, 1965* So now you know. I'm in a band called the who, you might've heard of them. Or not, but when I found out we were having twins, I was worried I wouldn't be able to provide, but we should be okay. We've got lots of support from friends, family and my band members, so I think we'll be okay.

UNFREEZE "Aaah! I CAN'T DO THIS! IT HURTSSS! PETE YOU BASTARD, YOU DID THIS TO ME!" Suzie shouts at me, squeezing my hand to a pulp.

"Come on sweetie, you can do it!" I encourage. Suz screams, followed by a louder, higher pitched scream of a baby.

"It's a girl!! Congratulations Mr Townshend, you have a daughter" The nurse said to me, handing me my daughter. I have a daughter. This isn't real. wow. The nurse took her away to get measured, weighed etc.

"Right, Miss Hunter, ready to have another baby?" The doctor asked suzie. She groaned and I grasped her hand again. In a further five minutes the screams of another baby filled the room.

"It's a Boy! Congratulations on your two babies Mr Townshend and Miss Hunter! I'll just take the little fellow off to get measured and I'll bring his sister back" The nurse said. *******

*The next day* "I suggest you learn how to change a nappy, Mr Townshend" The midwife said to me handing me a nappy and my daughter. I kinda remember a bit from when my brothers were young. I already have a special connection with my daughter, she looks like me, whereas Timmy looks like his mother. We decided to call the girl Kelly.

"Um, Okay then" I say smiling at Kelly, poking her nose, which at this point hasn't appeared out like mine (thank god!). I place her on the changing table. The door opens and my beautiful Suz is standing, holding Timmy, my beautiful son.

"Nappy changing?" She asks, smiling. I nod and turn back to Kelly. The midwife successfully taught me how to change a nappy and dress a baby without hurting it. I sat down with Kelly and realized i hadn't phoned Roger or John or Keith to tell them the news of the babies. I picked up the phone next to me and dialled Roger's number first. It rung 3 times until I heard the familiar voice of Roger.

"Ello?"

"Hello? Roger? It's Pete! We have a Daughter and a Son! Kelly and Timmy!" I exclaim. I hear voices in the background.

"Wow! Congrats matey, the lads are here, listening out for any news. Hey boys it's a boy and a girl, Kelly and Timmy!" I heard Rog shout to the boys.

"Thanks, erm, the visiting hours are 1:00PM to 6:00PM, so if you want to visit?" I explain, slightly rocking Kelly with one arm.

"We'll be there! We can't wait to see the littleuns and yerself and Suzie, so we'll see you soon mate. Bye!" Roger says

"Bye" . I walk over to Suzie and Timmy.

"I just got off the phone to Roger and the lads. They're coming to visit in a while, so if you want a shower of whatever, I'll look after Timmy and Kelly. In fact, I'll put them down for a nap. They'll need to be awake for the meeting with their uncles. I can only imagine when they're older and hanging about with Keith. Oh God." I explain. Suzie looks surprised.

"You want to take responsibility for both the babies? Do you think you can manage?"

"Will you stop doubting me, I can do this, I'll be the best dad ever! I had to look after 2 little brothers and they were similar ages, so I 'm sure I can manage. Plus, they're not at that age where they can wonder off places or get lost, they just cry and sleep and eat and poop, so I'll be fine, I'm sure. Just because I'm a man doesn't mean I'm not capable of looking after my children" I snap.

"Okay? If you're sure Pete, I'm going to take a shower"

A/N- So, first chapter. Was it okay? This story will take a turn, so be ready, but nothing in this story is actually going to be historically correct, so if you read something that didn't actually happen and you get annoyed,  oh well, I'm sure you'll live. But If you haven't seen or heard of the parent trap I would find out about it, because this story is going to be based off the inital idea of parents taking one twin each and never seeing each other again. Okay that was a bit of a spoiler, but I thought I should let you know that this story will be focused on Pete and the twin he gets to keep. And we never see the other one again? Probably not but I'll just have to see where my creative mindset takes me along the road. Xx