he's dead

Have you ever seen one of those action movies where it's like a big, strong, good looking hero that is a 'loser' just comes home and sees that his place is a mess he calls out his wife and childs name and goes rushing up the stairs looking for them. And then he gets a call or finds a note that says do this and you can have your family back but if you don't they die. And so the normal guy takes out like the mafia and gets his family back without a scratch on him. Yeah, well this is not that story. I'm not the hero. I just want some revenge but hey I think that i'm getting ahead of myself so let's just rewind to about an hour before this.

One hour before

Stars are beautiful, like big shiny little dots in the sky. That people look at calling it a hobby. But who can blame them? They are beautiful. They are breathtaking, almost like- beep beep be-

"Hello" I say as I try and find the little dipper

"Peter come home now!"

" what? Dad why"

"Just come home and i will explain everything to you okay"

Okay just why can't you tell me now '' I say getting up off the grass wiping off the hands and pants in the process.

"Just come home" he says and hangs up right after

I started to walk down the hill I was sitting on looking back up at the stars for the last time tonight. I look back ahead and start to jog back to my house whatever my dad needed to tell me it sounded urgent. Just as I ran up my street I saw it, police cars. Everywhere, bright lights flashing, people swarming my house, the police trying to hold them back. I walk up to my house and no one stops me for some reason and then I see my dad. He is talking to a policeman looking calm. I rush up to him asking him what happened but he says nothing. I look back at the house and that's when I saw the most horrible thing I could ever think of. Two people came out of my house carrying a body bag. And that's when I heard it.

" breaking news it seem we have a new murder on highland street. A little boy about the age of 15-". And the noise starts to fade. I look back up at the body bag. My brother... my brother! No. no no no no NO! He can't be! He couldn't. Who would do this? How could anyone ever hurt him? I look over to my dad. How can he be so calm about this? Noah. He's, he's dead. He was so young. He had so much to live for. He was going to be a cop. He wanted to help people and now what is he going to do? Just be in the ground. I'm never going to see him again. Never going to hear his laugh, never going to hear him drone on and on about how he was going to be the best cop ever. That he was going to save people. To stop the bad and evil. He's gone. I shake my head trying not to believe it. That it was another little kid. That Noah was going to run out of that door and be fine. But... he didn't. Because he's dead. Cause someone killed him. And that's when I feel a tear roll down my cheek. And another and then another and it just kept on going. And it wouldn't stop. No matter how much I tried I couldn't stop the tears from escaping my eyes, rolling down my cheeks and dropping down onto the pavement of our driveway. I look back to my dad again and he sees me. His eyes soften and he stops talking to the officer and walks towards me. He stops right in front of me and he hugs me. And that's when I break. I sob right there in the middle of the driveway in front of everyone and into my dad's shoulder.

"He's dead"

"I know son, I know" 

*****************

698 words

sorry it was so short i will try and make the next ones longer to make up for it :)