The Hacker And The Spy

Looking up at the house through the iron gates. Looking behind me to my bike. I shouldn't have come here. I don't know why but i woke up and felt the need to come here. For what reason I am still trying to figure that out just as I was about to hop on my bike and hear something. "Why were you standing outside my house?" I look up and see her. Alison. Her blonde hair looks more gold as the sun reflects on it making it look as if she is glowing. Standing with her arms crossed in front of her chest and looking like she caught a child has it's hands in a cookie jar. "Well, i don't have all day" she says annoyingly looking at her wrist and then holding it up pointing to it. Looking at me like i'm dumb. " well, um your sister got murdered right, her name was kaitlin." i say and she looks like she is about to cry. But as soon as it came it went. Trying to hide her emotions she clears her throat.

"yeah and what about it she says" looking at me like i just said something awful.

" my brother was killed too, his name was noah, noah miller." i say hoping that she might know if kaitlin knew him. A look of recognition went across her face.

"yeah , i heard of him on the news." she whispered as she looked at the ground.

"did you know if kaitlin knew noah."

"Um, i think i saw him around here and at school but only a couple of times other than that no i haven't seen him."

"Oh, okay, thanks I guess" I say as I look down at the ground and head back to my bike. I jump on and get ready to go.

"Wait, wait," I hear and look towards her, "can i show you something." she said looking nervous. I nod my head slowly and get off my bike . she starts to walk towards her house going under the caution tape and holding it up for me to follow her. I duck under and continue to walk towards her house with her. She opens the door heading up the stairs and looking behind her to make sure I'm still following. Once we reached the top she went left into a hallway with a dead end and jumped up and grabbed something dragging it down to reveal another set of stairs we went up it. It's dark with light peeking through a very small window. She walks forwards and then makes a sharp turn to the right and I see a bulletin board with pictures of children. A Lot of children like about 30 all with the word missing underneath their picture. I look towards Alison and look back at the board walking towards it picking up a picture of a boy with orange hair. He looks about 12 years old with a smile on his face showing his dimples. Missing last seen on highland street september 2 wearing a blue shirt and grey jean shorts. Names ronald. I take another picture of a girl with brown hair and bluey green eyes. Missing last seen on rockview lane august 1 wearing a white summer dress, named lila. I grab another and then another looking at all of them all saying the same thing. I look back to Alison again and see that she is leaning against a pillar. " i found this after kaitlin was killed. I think this is what her and your brother was doing." it makes sense she could be the person that noah always was talking about the one that was helping him. I guess he really wasn't trying to save the ocean. " You think that they were trying to find the children?" i said looking back at the board for a second, then looking back at her. " possibly," she says walking towards the board and picking up a picture of another kid that looks about the age of eight. " or maybe they were actually looking for the person who took them, or ..... They were just fooling around." she says placing it back on the board. "Shouldn't we give this to the police? it might help with the murder."

" I don't think so, i have to tell you something else." she say looking at me dead in the eye

" I think that there's someone on the police force that is helping, the person that kidnapped the children and killed our siblings."

"Why would you think that?"

" well i might have overheard a few things when i went to the police station with my cousin and so i hacked into their mainframe and discovered that some evidence was 'lost' from only those case, and sometimes they find nothing, which is possible but with evidence going missing i suspect that someone is taking it before it gets discovered."

" the police suspect someone taking the evidence?"

" no, they think that it was just lost that no one would betray them like that, but i mean come on"

Looking back to the board again processing the information, does that mean that my brothers murder will not be solved that the murder won't be caught. Anger and determination hits me as I think about these things and I look back to alison.

" we have to solve these, we have to get the killer"

" us are you crazy what exactly can we do, plus it's stupid they started to research it and look where that got them."

" aren't you the one that showed me this and hacked into a police station."

" that was just playing around, this on the other hand is not . I think that you and me should just stay out of it and live are lives like this never happened, forget it

" I am not going to let the killer run free while my brother is 6 ft in the ground when he is supposed to be in math learning about trigonometry and laughing with his friends. Don't you want revenge for your sister and brother, maybe the person that killed them has him too, maybe you could save him, don't you want that? I am not going to sit back and do nothing and i will never forget my brother." l say my voice get louder and louder as i continue ranting until i ended up screaming

" Of course I want to help my brother but at what cost and what if we are too late." she whispers looking down at the old creaky wooden floor boards.

" then at least we can say we tried, come on please i can't do this without you.'' I say whispering the last part as well. She looks up at me with hope and sadness in her eyes.

" do you really think that we can save him, that we can stop the murder, that we can avenge our siblings, we won't fail."

" i think that together we can do it. With you that amazing smart, beautiful hacker. And me the spy." I was reassured with a small smirk.

" you a spy? How so?" she laughs tilting her head back

" oh i can shoot a gun and do a summersault so i can do anything.'' I chuckle as she looks like she doesn't know if I'm joking or not.

" I'm half joking, I can't do a summersault."

" wait you can shoot a gun," she shrieks, damn I think she just broke my eardrums.

" yes i'm also pretty good at acting if i do say so myself." I start puffing up my chest. She laughs

"Well okay mr. spy i guess we are doing this." she declares while walking down the stairs following her i say "so your helping me."

"yep , now come on slowpoke we need to find a place to do all this investigating now don't we."

" what about your attic."

" no, police will probably be in and out of there so we can't do that. We also need to move the stuff that noah and kaitlin got there too."

" okay i think i have a place but it's not that secret."

" lets go and check it out then."

and we race the rest of the way to my bike.

*************************

1387 words