Emma pulled her bug up to the precinct and an overwhelming pressure found it's way onto her chest almost suffocating her.

She heard a voice in her head telling her to take a deep breath.

In. 1,2,3.
Out. 1,2,3.

The blonde repeated the process until a peaceful calm rushed through her.

She put her car in park and exited her old vehicle preparing to take a step into a new and better life for herself.

The blonde walked up to and in the building housing the 1-6 precinct. Emma walked up to the front desk lady, "excuse me do you know where the Special Victims Unit is being held."

The woman looked up quickly at the voice as if she didn't hear Emma approach, which wouldn't shock the blonde because she had years of practice with silencing her footsteps in the foster homes she was in.

"I'm sorry, I'm usually more aware of my surroundings than that. You were very quiet coming in. Anyway, what can I help you with?" The woman asked pushing her glasses up her nose.

"Um, the floor of the Special Victims Unit?"

"The third. The elevator is right down this hall," She told her pointing in the direction she was given.

"Thank you," the detective said and began heading towards the elevator.

The blonde noticed a hint of concern in the receptionist's eyes, probably because of the floor she asked for and the associations with it.

She pressed the button and found herself praying that it'll take a little longer, but luck wasn't on her side because the doors opened immediately.

With a push of a button, the circular button with a bolded 3 was illuminated and the elevator started heading up.

The blonde breath began to pick up, "this is it. I'm actually going to meet my hero and work for her. Don't fuck this up Swan. Whatever you do, don't fuck this up."

And with that, the elevator dinged and the doors slid open.

Emma walked out of the elevator and followed the hall to see detectives at their desks shifting through papers and yelling across the room with a few cops in blue here and there.

Green eyes couldn't help but go wide and the view of her dream begin played out in front of her.

Her gaze was broken by a older light skinned man with a simple light blue button up and dark suit approach her, " 'Scuse me, miss. My name is Detective Tutuola. Is there something I can help you with?"

Emma couldn't form her words to speak. She recognized the hazel eyed man from a couple of the newspapers that she read about Detective Benson, he helped her solve many of the cases.

"If you'd be more comfortable, I can find a female detective to talk to you about whatever it is that's bothering you," sh heard him say.

He was about to get the attention of leggy brunette when the blonde finally broke out of her awe, "No, no, no. I'm fine."

The senior detective raised an eyebrow at that sentiment causing the blonde to laugh.

"I'm serious. It's just it's my first day. I'm the new detective, Emma Swan. And I admire what you and Detective Benson do, so you caught me off guard."

He gave a raspy yet deep laugh, "you're good Swan. As long as you don't go cutting off locks of my hair," he said rubbing his short cut.

He guided her further into the precinct, "now I'm not sure who you're paired with, you'll have to talk to Cap'n Cragen about that. But it's good to have you on the team."