Chapter Four

One Miracle

Chapter Four

Cas groaned quietly as he came into consciousness, blinking his eyes open as he looked around. Where am I? Sitting up on the bed, he looked around in a daze. Strange... Last thing I remember was talking with Gabriel... What occurred after that?

Frowning to himself, he slung his legs off the bed and stood up, a little too fast though. Immediately, a strange feeling passed through Cas. Something odd he had never felt before. Though, given he was such a naïve and innocent angel, there were a lot of things he hadn't experienced yet. Although, he didn't like the feeling, that was certain. He felt something harshly whipping his sense of smell, scents seemingly intensified. That seemed to upset his stomach greatly, and he felt it churning, and something was burning in his throat too.

Cas wasn't sure about this either, but he knew something definitely wasn't right here. Covering his mouth, fearing that whatever seemed to be steadily rising in his esophagus would soon appear, he bolted for the bathroom, having remembered once when Dean had eaten one too many burgers and it came back on him. He remembered that the toilet was always the best if whatever this was seemed to appear. Though, what Cas didn't understand was why. Why was this happening to him? What was affecting his sense of smell to the point of making him feel this ill?

He ended up dry heaving into the toilet. Nothing came out at all, which Cas had anticipated. What could there be? The angel ate nothing. Though, still, he just couldn't understand it. What was wrong with him? He just had an urge to vomit, the disgust from the intensified smells nauseating him. Just the act of attempting vomiting seemed so human to him... Which only made him feel worse about the situation. Was he becoming human?

Though, before he had the time to think anymore, he heard a swift rush of wings, sensing another angel enter the hotel room. "Hey, little bro! So, I got good... Cas?" Gabe had started with his normal perk, but quickly heard the concerning sound of retching coming from the bathroom. Gabriel's eyebrows knitted with worry as he walked towards the bathroom, peeking and opening the un-closed door. The sight before him was a wonder, seeing such a collected angel like Castiel bent over the toilet bowl, throwing up, apparently.

"Whoa, Cassie... You okay, buddy?" he asked in concern as he knelt down beside him. The archangel was only returned with more sounds of retching. Gabriel was left worrying for his brother, unsure of how to help, deciding to just stay knelt down next to Cas, rubbing his back awkwardly. "Jeez, kiddo. One too many White Castles?" he joked, hoping to bring some light to the situation.

A groan was the only thing he got in response yet again before Cas started dry heaving once more. Cas' panicked thoughts crowded his mind, unable to focus on anything but whatever was trying to get out of his system.

What is this?! It feels horrible!

After a while, the nausea finally seemed to pass, utterly relieving both angels. Cas was crouched over the bowl, knees still resting on the cold, bathroom floor, limbs shaking from the shock all this had put on his body. He let out another miserable groan before he leaned back against the wall, eyes closed as he tried to relax.

"Cas?"

Cracking an eye open, Cas looked over at Gabriel tiredly.

"Did you bring me here? I do not remember being in this motel room last night." he questioned, glancing at his brother, still breathing heavily from the awful experience.

"Yeah, I brought you here... But what the hell was that? Are you sick?" There was true worry in Gabe's voice, wanting to help his little brother in any way he could, but he tried his best to keep his calm and not overwhelm Castiel too much.