12: Still Scheming

It all happens so fast. Kenny Ackerman is here, standing right on the doorstep to his house, smoking his last drags of a cigarette in front of me. I watch the smoke leaving his mouth, forming a cloud in the smoggy sky. Next, he drops it and trod on the remains. Hesitant, but with a strong grip, he grasps the doorknob, and opens the entrance, to the house. Kenny decides to see me again, even though he really had only met me once, and he'd left with nothing to else to say but 'drop by'.

There is one thing you really didn't know and he intends to keep it that way no longer. Despite all Kenny's dreams, everything about having the power of titans, he is ashamed of his nephew right now, throwing himself at these women with no interest in him. "It's just... A disgrace to the bloodline, to the Ackerman name..." He is thinking aloud, I know, I could practically see the thoughts run furiously across his mind. He clenches his fist, and for a moment is actually relieved, that his nephew is not standing in front of him that time, because he knows he'd have been able to punch him right there.

"So, how can I help you?" I ask as Kenny lifts his hat a little bit, with his index finger, and looks at me, with a half-glance. He opens his mouth slightly, to answer, as he still feels the flavor of smoke he is taking some minutes ago, but no words could have left his mouth, as he took in the sight of me. His face isn't one of a perverted old man or a scheming one; it is worn out. He begins to mumble some words, but I can only recognize some of them. "I'm... Sorry..." are the only ones I could. Shock, frustration, anger and distraction are mixed up in his mind and he feels like he is about to throw up. He looks into with a look I could have only understood as pity: a common look from even my friends. He steps forwards, getting closer and closer to me, and stops in front of my body.

"Look, I won't force you to say yes." Kenny sighs. 'But we need to talk. Right now. About my plan." He continues, but the words are too hard to say. Seeing his nephew like he was makes him angry, confused and humiliated at the same time. He isn't fit to run the gang; to be called the boss. Sure, it's been tough letting go of responsibility, but this is too much for even Kenny. He looks down at me, which probably made me look even more vulnerable, and fragile. If I admit it, I am scared now. He is acting so strangely and now there's a plan that I don't know about... And I clearly do not like the situation, and I try to make it clear every time Kenny looks at me, with pity in his eyes. But that is getting me no where. So I try something new. I look up to him with bright eyes and a bright smile, almost like I'm begging for something.