{1}

Hey y'all and welcome to my Wattpad, I have not used this website in YEARS so gimme a hot second to figure it out again! Uhh... I'm not really sure how introductions work on here anymore either so yeah! Hope y'all enjoy!

Finley carefully scooped protein powder into her shaker bottle, hoping the drink would give her a boost of energy for her first class. Knocking the scooper on the side of the bottle she watched as some of the white powder stuck to the sides of the clearish blue plastic of the bottle. After knocking out the powder that stuck to the scooper she dropped it back into the container and a small cloud of powder puffed out of the top. She hugged the protein powder container to her chest and closed it tight before she tucked it back into her locker, making sure nothing had gotten on the t-shirt she had on.

Moving her bottle off the bench in front of her locker, Finley kneeled on the wood and let out a deep sigh looking into her messy locker. "Dad would have a hemorrhage," she mumbled to herself before pulling out her dirty clothes from conditioning that morning. She made sure her number, eleven, had been printed on each piece of clothing before she dumped them into the laundry bin. She made sure her clothes for practice later that night, along with her pinnies, were in her locker before deciding it looked clean enough for the time being.

Finley pulled one of her many school provided hoodies off of a hanger inside her locker and slipped the white fabric over her head. She looked down as the American University logo settled in the middle of her torso and tucked some of the extra fabric up under itself so she could prove she did, in fact, have on shorts. Her hair, which had mostly dried during team breakfast, got pulled out of the back of her hoodie and settled in messy, half damp auburn strands on her back.

"What do you have going on this morning?" Finley asked Cameron, one of the other freshmen, who had been filling up her own shaker bottle at the water station.

Cameron screwed the top on tight and looked down at the unmixed powder in the bottom of the bottle. "Caramel," she started shaking the container, "it's good. My go to in high school." Finley nodded and started filling up her own bottle.

Finley made note of the flavor as she watched the bottle's water level rise. "I need to order a few more, vanilla and cookies and cream get old after a couple weeks."    

Cameron took a long sip of her shake before tilting the bottle towards Finley, "I'll drink to that one. See you tonight." Finley offered a smile in acknowledgement as she took her finger off the button on the water station.

She held the top tight with her index and middle fingers and shook the bottle vigorously, watching the spring ball bounce around inside as the drink mixed. After she made sure her drink had been properly mixed she took a long sip, swiping her tongue over her teeth to remove the film that stuck to them from the protein powder. "I'll see you tonight!" She waved to Savanna, her locker neighbor and adjusted her class backpack on her shoulders.

"Good luck with your first day of classes!" The sophomore offered Finley an excited smile. She nodded in thanks while she picked up her lacrosse bag with her free hand.

"It'll go a lot faster than you think." Jayden, a junior, added. Finley nodded as she grabbed her lacrosse stick and gripped it in the same hand as her bag, off to officially start her first day of college.

She received the opportunity to move on to the American University campus two weeks early, along with the other athletes who attended the school. The two week period seemed to allow her a cushion to comfortably adjust to college life and the campus itself. She had been able to find where all of her classes would be, as well as settle into a routine. Six o'clock morning workouts, seven fifteen shower, seven-thirty team breakfast. After breakfast she knew her classes started at eight-forty-five or eight-fifteen depending on the day.