ii. NIGHTMARES

( SEASON FOUR EPISODE ONE: 30 DAYS WITHOUT AN ACCIDENT )

( SEASON FOUR
EPISODE ONE:
30 DAYS WITHOUT AN ACCIDENT )

JAMES had woken up a few minutes ago, he was now sitting down on his bed. He was reading a comic he stole from Carl, which Carl knew about but didn't really want to talk to him about it. Maggie lifts his curtain, "James come on outside, Dr S made some food."

James got up, putting the comic away and following Maggie to get some food. "Did you just wake up?" Maggie asked, playing with his hair. James chuckled, "and weren't you just doing things you won't supposed to be doing with Glenn?"

She rolled her eyes, "you'll understand someday."
"I'm almost thirteen for Christ sakes." Maggie glares at him, "language."

...

James stood outside, watching the other kids talking to the walkers as if they were human beings. His arms were crossed, he thought the kids were very stupid. "You're naming them?" Asked Carl, "oh hey James." Patrick waves at him, "hey.."

"Well, one of them has a name tag, so we thought all of them should." Mika answers, "okay, just because they have a name tag doesn't mean shit." James told her. "Don't be a ass James, they had names when they're alive. They're dead now." Carl told them a little more calmer than James did.

"No they're not. They're just different." Lizzie looked at Carl and James. "What the hell are you talking about?" He exclaimed, "don't be a ass you say." James muttered at him. Carl rolls his eyes at James, "okay, they don't talk, they don't think, they eat people. They kill people."

"People kill people. They still have names." Lizzie said, "okay yeah, but they don't eat them." James glared at Lizzie. "And have you seen what happens?" Carl questions. "Have you seen someone die like that?"

"Yeah, I have."

James looked down, feeling bad. "They're not people and they're not pets. Don't name them."

"Hey why don't we name that one with the broken jaw over there Carl? He's cocky and stubborn." James said, pointing at the zombie. "I hope one of those zombies comes and eats your dumbass." Carl shot back, "when they do I'll eat you."

"Not if I shoot you first." Carl glared at him, moving closer to him. "ok ok guys knock it off." Patrick got in  the middle of them. The two were so close that James could feel Carl's warm breath in his face.

"Come on guys, were supposed to go to reading." The group left, leaving mika asking Patrick about story time. Carl and James both stepped away, "ew, you do story time?"

"I go sometimes. I'm a little immature." The three boys chuckled, "imma head up there, I'll catch you guys later. Maybe you two should hang out, so you don't hate each other?"
Carl and James? Hanging out?
One time they did, James ended up pushing Carl and making him fall.

Patrick walked away, leaving Carl and James in silence. "So, soccer?"

"You know grimes, you have more dick in your personality than you do in your pants." James crosses his arms, "I'll take that as a yes."

Carl and James played soccer for a few minutes, it was mostly just them kicking the ball back and forth. This was the longest the two had not argued or threw insults at each other. "Hey, follow me." Carl said, leaving the soccer ball on the ground. "Why the hell would I do that?"

"Just..follow me." James sighed, following Carl. "I'm going to see what this reading club things all about." He said, "it's a reading night. They read books."
"Okay but Patrick? He doesn't like books. I know he doesn't." He exclaimed. "Jesus Christ, maybe he wants to be smart. We are in a apocalypse in case you didn't know."

"I did asshole." Carl muttered, "stay here and keep watch." He said, "okay fine fine."
Carl went in, leaving James out the door.

After a few minutes, Carl came back out, shocked. "What?" James asked. "Carol.."
"What? What about Carol?"

"She's teaching them how to use weapons."

...

JAMES ran, he ran and ran. The group of walkers were right behind him, he turns and falls down. His foot got caught in the mud, he tried to get it out but it wouldn't budge. "Come on!"
"Help!!" He screams out, but it was too late.

The walker bit him, ripping his skin, soon all the walkers were on him. He was being eaten. Screaming in pain.

James woke up in terror, another nightmare. He woke up panting, scared and hot. He got out of bed, not caring to put his glasses on he walked out of his cell panting. He was scared, he opened the curtain next to him. It was Carl.

He was panting, couldn't stop. It was like a panic attack, Carl's eyes opened up slowly. He noticed who it was now as his vision got clearer. "James?.."
He didn't say anything but was on the verge of his panic attack, Carl now knew what was happening so he got up quickly. "James James what's wrong? What's happening?"

"N-nightmare." He struggled saying, "look just breathe. Your okay just slowly take deep breaths." He whispered. He did as told, "sit down."
He sat down next to Carl on the bed, "sorry.."
"Don't be, its fine trust me."

James was calmed down, "thank you."
"Yep. What was your nightmare about?" Carl asked. "I got eaten." He nods, the cell room now being filled with silence. "Do you think I can sleep with you tonight? Like same bed?"

He looked at James, "please.."
Carl sighed, wouldn't it be weird since they're boys?
He shrugged it off and nods, "yeah." Carl somewhat regretted what he said, thinking it was wrong for them to sleep in the same bed.

James lays down on the bed, then Carl next to him. Carl covers them up with a blanket, then they both slowly fell asleep.

— LIV!
I suck ass at writing.

— LIV! I suck ass at writing