1.

"Are you alright harry?" Hermione asked her friend with great concern.

Harry had been nervous about going back to school because of one person. Severus Snape.

Harry had always felt a strange way about the man. But it was a good strange. Harry always found him self admiring the Professor instead of doing his work.

"Yeah I'm fine" he mumbled

"Mate we have time before we get to Hogwarts if you needed to talk about something" Ron said smiling understanding. Ron knew about this hole Snape thing, harry had told him once when they were drunk. But hermione wasn't told, and harry planned on keeping it that way. Although he was surprised she hadn't figured it out.

Once hermione had gave up and started reading her book ron moved to sit next to Harry

"Is it about 'him'?" Ron whispered into Harry's ear. Harry simply nodded sighing. Ron smirked

"Well do something about it mate!"

"Ron! I can't its wrong for a student to fancy a teacher!" Harry  whispered back angrily. Ron moved back to his seat next to hermione but not with out promising to find a way harry could tell snape his feelings with out getting in trouble.
~
Harry sat down in the great hall next to hermione and George

"Hiya harry, good holidays with them muggles?" George asked

"Stupid question really!" George and Fred said at the same time

"Those muggles are horrible!!" Fred said looking down and shivering and the one time the had meet at platform 9 3/4

Soon the sorting began but harry was to busy staring at the Potions teacher. Severus was watching the sorting with no expression, as always. But through out the years harry had found that if he was happy his eyes would shine a little.

Soundenly a small ball of pink was speaking to the school, all the students looked disgusted. She mentioned that her name was Dolores Umbridge.

"Shes from the ministry!" Hermione whispered to them

"Then what's she doing here?" The twins asked glaring at her

"No clue but this mustn't be good" hermione answered frowning. Harry glanced over to the pink ball and screwed up his nose, it was clear she thought she was more important than everyone else.

His eyes soon went back to snape but snape just happened to be looking at him. Harry's heart raised to his throat but just as quickly snape looked back at Dumbledore who was saying his same old boring speech. Ron kicked him under the table and mouthed 'I seen that' making harry blush and look at Dumbledore

Soon the feast started and they all grabbed handfuls of food. (Ron diving straight for the chicken)

"Why is Professor snape looking at you harry?" George whispered. At this Harry's head flew around to meet snapes eyes. This time snape didn't look away. But Ron kicked him again. Harry looked over at ron and all Ron done was wink at him and smirk. Harry playfully rolled his eyes before paying attention to hermione who was talking to the twins about Umbridge.

That night the only thing harry could think about what the eye contact he made with snape. Those thoughts put harry to sleep that night.

He woke the next morning to Ron and Neville throwing pillows at him.

"Would look at that Ron, sleeping beauty awakes!!" Neville half yelled smirking.

"Mate, you better get up. Classes start soon!" Ron said as he and Neville picked up the pillows that had fallen on the ground. Harry sighed and turned around and shut his eyes only to get two more pillows thrown at him by both boys.

"Come on harry!! You don't wanna be late to potions do you?" At that harry sat up and got his robes on

"Why are you excited for potions? And professor snape" Neville asked shivering as he said his name. Harry ignored him and soon was ready to leave.

They arrived to class just in time, snape glared at them as they sat down together but decided to ignore them and start the lesson. Harry soon got stuck in this workbook and didn't know exactly what to do. Ron was also looking confused and hermione was to far away to ask. He sighed and looked up, Snape was walking around the room as to take house points for anyone talking. Snape was his only option of understanding. He took a deep breath and put his hand up. Snapes head snapped to his direction.

"Mr Potter?" He asked, his voice dangerous. Harry sighed but asked his question anyway.

"Sir I don't understand number eight" he said. Snape stood for a second before walking over to Harry's desk

"And what about it does our celebrity not understand?" Snape asked, his voice like venom making harry get goosebumps. Harry simply told him what he didn't understand and to everyone's surprise snape actually helped harry before walking away.

"Harry what the bloody hell was that? Is there something you're not telling me?!" Ron asked looking over to snape to make sure he didn't see them talking

"I'm not sure" harry said also looking at snape.

Soon they were on their way to DADA. Hermione had told them that Dolores Umbridge was teaching that class making both Harry and Ron want to forget about going to the class. But they needed to learn spells to defend them selfs so here they were just outside the door to the classroom. Soon the doors opend and Umbridge stood smiling at the class. Harry looked at her disgusted. She welcomed them in and went on to introduce herself once again. Hermione glared at her the hole time. Umbridge then went on to say that they would only do book work all year. At this hermione was out raged

"So you're not going to teach us spells?!!" She almost yelled. Umbridge looked at hermione

"And is that a problem?" She asked in her high pitch disgusting voice

"How are we ment to defend ourselves against the dark lord if we dont know any spells?!" Hermione asked. Harry and ron were shocked, she had never talked to a teacher like this and they were impressed to say the least

"Silly girl, there is nothing out there to get you! The dark lord is gone. I understand that some have said that he is back but this is a lie"

"Its not a lie!!" Harry yelled. The hole class looked over at harry with wide eyes

"I was there I seen him kill Cedric-"

"His death was horrible but it had nothing to do with the dark lord" Umbridge said cutting Harry off.

"He did! He killed Cedric!! I was there I should know!!" Harry yelled

"Detention!" Umbridge said and with that she turned around and started teaching. Harry and hermione looked at one another in anger. There was no way harry was gonna let her away with this but he couldn't say anymore, he already had a detention. And on the first day of school.