Four

"Mind explaining yourself?"

"Bloody hell." Vidalia rubbed her temples with her thumb and middle finger. Her spell hadn't entirely worked. Someone had seen her.

"'Dalia?" asked Peter.

"I'm not happy with you guys," Vidalia said. "You're bullies, all four of you!"

"You're not happy with us? At least we were honest with you from the get go!" said Sirius.

Vidalia frowned.

"Yeah, why didn't you just tell us you're a time traveler?" James inquired, making Vidalia pause.

"Wait—" she smirked, forgetting all about the whole fiasco downstairs. "You think I'm a time traveler?"

James eyed the other three. "Isn't that what we agreed she was?"

"That's what you said she was, genius," said Remus.

James frowned.

"I'm not a time traveler. I don't have anything to time travel with."

"Then what are you?" asked Peter quietly.

"A lot of things— you guys wouldn't understand."

"What do you mean we—" James was cut off when Gryffindor students began filing into the Common Room, all of them giddy over various things. The boys all turned back to see that Vidalia had disappeared.

While everyone was starting to celebrate in the Common Room over Gryffindor's first Quidditch victory, Vidalia curled up on the window ledge while Spur made himself at home in the nest of curls atop 'Dalia's head.

"I wish there was such a thing as homeschool," the girl frowned. Her yellow eyes shimmered as the sun began sinking behind the tops of the trees.

A fluttering noise caught her off guard and she whirled her head around to see what it was. A little parchment bird had made its way in. It stiffened and fell lightly into her lap. Carefully, Vidalia unfolded the bird.

Come to boys' dorm in 20. It'll just be me and you

—Sirius

Vidalia frowned. She couldn't face him. But she couldn't just stop talking to her friends.

"What do I do, Spur?"

Spur made a noise of disapproval, as if he understood everything that was going on.

"Yeah, you're no help."

Vidalia sighed and got up from her rather uncomfortable spot by the window. She changed slowly into a pair of pajama shorts and a long t-shirt. Her knitted-socks kept her feet warm against the cold stone floor as she made her way down the stairs. She passed a few girls on her way down, older students on their way up to either gossip in private or have a bit more quiet to study.

Vidalia easily slipped into the Common Room unnoticed as the whole Quidditch team was still bustling with excitement. James was in the center of it all, excited to be talking with the team. Remus and Peter were tucked away in the corner, paying no mind to the celebrating going on.

She sneaked over toward the boys' staircase and made her way up slowly to the dorms. She'd never been up here before. As she closed in on the first year dorm, she was greeted by the smell of dirty socks. Boys definitely live up here, she thought with her nose scrunched.

She knocked.

"Come in," a voice called. 'Dalia pushed the door open and stepped inside. Sirius was sitting on his bed, flipping through a book with a velvety maroon cover. Her gold eyes widened as she read the title in the dim lighting: Third Eyes: The History of Seers.