V

hehehehe :)

~~~

"Can I have the tomato and mozzarella sandwich, and medium-size mocha?"

The coffee shop/restaurant/cafeteria of our company is located on the 5th floor of the building and is only open for employees. It takes the entire floor, divided into a fancy restaurant that serves French and Italian food, an all-you-can-eat cafeteria and decent size cafe that has a beautiful view of the city.

She usually sits in the same place. A small table with a view of the northern skyscrapers, watching their glass-like shell reflect the sun and hundreds of cars and thousands of people passing by the giant buildings.

It's so odd how small we are in comparison to our own world.

Evangelina thinks about Mrs Miyashi's words as she chews on her sandwich, occasionally reaching over for her coffee. She wants her to stay for at least couple more years. It's a comfy job that pays well but with the rent and fees and feeding an extra (unwanted) person suddenly her paychecks seem to be dissolving into thin air the moment she pays her bills.

And it's only going to be worse if she goes to grad school and starts working part-time instead. She needs to get out of that apartment. Let her and Kris live there. She needs to find a cheaper place.

But wouldn't that mean she's pushing Kris away from her life? She can't leave her alone with that dick-clown walking around thinking he owns Kris and understands Evangelina.

"Excuse me"

She blinks, only now noticing that someone is standing in front of her. She blinks again, realizing that she might have just stared at this person's crotch for a long time without saying anything. Not like she planned it though. She was deep in thought and it's not her fault that someone decided to-

As she looks up, she stops chewing. Her eyes take in a man around her age, dressed in a dark grey blazer and pants, a white shirt, and an ID badge hanging around his neck with his small photo, a name, and his position in the company. Yet, Evangelina ignores that focusing more on the real deal here -- his face.

So satisfying to look at. As if one of Michaelangelo's sculptures came to life, flew all the way from Italy only to shock her with his handsome and beautiful face.

"Um, may I sit here?"

And his voice. Holy shit.

"W-what? Oh, yeah. Sure." she moves her tray to make room for him. While he sits down, she quickly looks around the cafe, noticing many tables around them are empty.

"Thank you" he fixes himself on his chair and gives her a little smile. "I don't like to eat alone"

She puts down her sandwich while looking carefully over the man. His black hair is nicely cut and styled a bit, yet it still gives off that natural, 'I woke up like this, bitches' look. His skin looks like he just got back from a vacation on a tropical island. His lips look soft, forming a shape of a heart whenever he would close his mouth to eat his lunch (which, by the way, is grilled chicken sandwich with a small greek salad on the side and iced tea in a tall glass).