XVII (KNM + PJM)

Evie doesn't finish her conversation with Yoongi, as he falls asleep quickly after his sentence. She could be a jerk and wake him up but she's still aware of her current situation. No matter how hurt and angry she might be, she shouldn't make her situation even worse.

She leaves him in the living room, letting him take his afternoon nap. She can't help but think about what he has said and, what's worse, what she has suggested. 

"Joining some secret federal gang. What was I thinking?"

As she walks upstairs to her room, she tries to figure out her own thoughts and intension. She planned to apologize for sounding rude and she hoped he will understand the situation from her perspective. But after that conversation, she doubts he would ever care.

Perhaps that's what is throwing her off about him. He doesn't pity her. Most people she encountered in her life sooner or later learn her personality and her story, and start to pity her. Even Mina does, despite her unique way of showing it.

But Yoongi doesn't. For some reason this thought gives Evie closure and she lets her anger disappear. She can respect him for that. The only other person that she can think of clearly not feeling bad for her is Taehyung.

Oh shit, Taehyung. OH SHIT, HER JOB.

She sits on the edge of her bed as she's trying to slow down her thoughts but they are moving thousands of miles per hour and it's too loud, too crowded in this empty room.

She needs to somehow reach Taehyung and her boss. She definitely lost her job already, so she can't save it now. How can she expect to still hold her position after not showing up to work for several days, without any form of communication?

Maybe they think she died. 

"Hello, kitten"

Evie looks up from the floor to see Jimin standing in the doorway. He has a soft expression on his face as his eyes scan Evie's face. "What's bothering you?"

He sits down next to her, trying to maintain eye contact with her but Evie doesn't feel comfortable right now. Too overwhelmed with the reality of the world outside of this house, she rests on the mattress with her eyes stuck to the ceiling. 

"I think my life is an even bigger mess than before" she finally speaks up after a minute of silence. Jimin presses his lips to the side, looking at the image of a confused and stressed woman. 

But he doesn't say anything. He knows she needs time to sit in silence but also someone to listen to her thoughts, whenever she wants that. He lies down next to her, letting out a soft sound of pain from his injuries. But it still feels better to rest down than keep sitting. 

"You know" as Jimin expected, Evie eventually continues to talk without him having to say a word. "A few days before I called Hoseok, my life was actually changing a bit. Not sure if for the better or worse but... It finally felt like I wasn't stuck in one place."

"Yeah, that can be tough"

"I got extra money from my boss because she wanted me to stay with her. Which must mean I did well there, right?" 

"Of course. I don't know how else would anyone read that."

"Right. Now I'm probably fired. And I even went out with this very good looking guy. He's so charming and smart and funny-"

"Are you describing me?" Jimin jokes and Evie breaks a smile, her eyes moving to look at him and her heart drops, just not realizing how close he is. She could easily count his eyelashes. "I wouldn't really describe our first meeting at the store 'going out'. If I were to really take you on a date, you would forget about that 'charming guy'."