Chapter 1 - A Synonym For Perfect.

HELLO! I hope you enjoy my poor excuse for a romance!!!!

4TH YEAR, HOGWARTS, GREAT HALL, DINNERTIME.

"HARRY!" Ron said as he bonked his friend on the head.

"Oi!" Harry exclaimed. "You were out of it for ages!" Ron stated. 

Harry gave a sad look to Ron.

"What is it, mate?" Ron said.

"I'm bloody broke." He replied.

 "How about we make a bet. If I win, you give me 3 Sickles. If not, I give you 3." 

"Well, your idea, mate." He cautiously replied.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About two minutes after they made their bet, Ron tapped Draco's shoulder at his back, as the Gryffindor table was very close to the Slytherin table in the great hall.

Draco: "Oh, If it isn't Weaslebee and The-Boy-Who-Just-Won't -Die!"

"Malfoy. Tell me... a synonym for perfect." Harry said as he hoped he wouldn't say "himself." (Harry bet that if he asked that, he would say it.)  Also weirdly loving the nickname "The-Boy-Who-Just-Won't-Die".   

"Hermione Granger," Draco confidently replied as he widened his eyes realizing what slipped out of his mouth. 

"WHAT??????" Harry quickly exclaimed, as he also, at the same time, begrudgingly gave 3 Sickles to his best friend, Ron.

"What???" Draco replied, trying to cover up the fact that he just let his deepest, biggest secret slip out of his mouth.

Dumbledore hit his glass with his fork....(like a toast.)

"It is my deepest tweak and greatest blubber....wait, sorry. Deepest pride and greatest pleasure to announce that the Yule Ball will commence next week. Be as classy as possible, please. All men, Please be chivalrous to your dates." He said.

Draco thought..."I WILL ASK HER TO THE BALL. I WILL ASK HER TO THE BALL. I WILL ASK HER TO THE BALL."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HOGWARTS HALLWAYS ON THE WAY TO THE GRYFFINDOR COMMON ROOM

Harry and Ron were not saying anything to Hermione, who was looking at her two best friends, concerned.

"What is it? You haven't been speaking for 10 minutes." She stated.

They still didn't speak.

"Spill." She ordered.

An awkward silence....... 

Ron: "Malfoy's totally crushing on you. Badly"

Both Hermione and Harry looked surprised.

Harry: "YOU WEREN'T SUPPOSED TO TELL HER!!!!!!"

Hermione blushed a bit, as she knew she felt the same towards Draco.

"But who knows for sure? Maybe they're lying! Maybe they misinterpreted his face!" Her cautious side warned her.

"🎵🎵 HE LIKES YOU BAAACK!  HE LIKES YOU BAAACK!  HE LIKES YOU BAAACK!  HE LIKES YOU BAAACK!🎵🎵" Her carefree side sung.

(If any music nerds are out there, The tune goes...

He   Likes  You   Ba-    ack.

G        E          A       G        E

Or, better known as the teasing song. Nyeh, nyeh nyenyeh nyeh!)

She was conflicted. Emotionally conflicted. Stressed. In a weird.....half good, half bad way.

Ron: 'Mione?

Harry: Is she okay? Helloooo?????

BOOM. She fainted.