Piano Teacher Needed

It was a late Sunday afternoon in the middle of October, the sky no longer blue as the sunset painted the last remaining part of it in a streak of pink and purple. Much to my dismay, even on a lazy Sunday as this, the roaring of motors and screeches from tires from overeager drivers seemed endless as I sped westward down the Interstate 210 freeway. The destination? The city of Arcadia, California. While I hated the dreadful LA traffic, at least the view wasn't bad since the freeway ran alongside the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains to the north of it, painting them in a nice comforting shades of orange and yellow.

As for why I was driving there? A job.

What job?

To be a Piano Teacher.

A week ago, I wouldn't even be searching for this since I already had a job but why work in a career (being a masseuse) I had no interest in? I only did it because I just followed what my mother did since I had no idea what I wanted to do in my life...yet at least. While teaching piano isn't exactly something I'm super passionate about either, I thought it would be an interesting venture since I could use this as a stepping stone to find something better. I've taught 3 people when I was a bit younger so at least I have some experience in it than going in completely blind. The position opened up a little over 3 hours ago and Arcadia was about 25 minutes away from where I stayed so I had to hop on it with quickness and luck on my side....hopefully.

Upon finally reaching the city, I sped through the neighborhoods and as expected, I was in awe as I drove by houses upon houses that grew bigger and more luxurious on each passing street. If there was a place the wealthy lived that, there was no doubt that it was definitely here....I mean it's called The Chinese Beverly Hills for a reason. As minutes passed and my GPS got closer to my destination, my heart grew even more and more weary since I was sure that I wasn't going to be the first at the job listing. Because of all my worrying thoughts and ogling of the mansions, I almost missed the address to the left side of the street until a familiar robotic voice announced:

"You have arrived at your destin-*SKKKRRRRRRTTT*ation."

I slammed the brakes a little TOO hard as I shifted forward a bit, almost giving my steering wheel more action than I had in months by a mere inch....thank goodness for seat belts. Always buckle up kids.

As I looked to the left of my car, I didn't know whether to believe the GPS or not but it stopped at an exquisite looking Tuscan Villa hou-.....no.....pardon me, mansion. Even from where I sat, I saw that it had an large attached garage with 3 luxury cars, an insanely large lawn with various trees in front and even a small pond with a fountain and benches near it.....all right in the middle of the friggin' lawn! Because of the size of the mansion itself, I couldn't see much of the back yard but there was clearly a large modern looking guest house alongside a pool with its own pool house behind it.

"Ho....ly......shit."

Just looking at the place screamed 'RICH' as my mouth was left agape with awe from how fancy it looked. If anything, I almost felt choking then and there from how rich the air was....hell, I felt insignificant and like dirt just by parking there with my dinky old Honda Accord. After a few moments of gathering my breath again, I forgot that this was a job listing and I had to be as quick as I can before another person came actually takes the position. Thankfully, it looked like my car was the only one parked on the curb while 3 cars were parked outside the garage. I stepped out, locked my doors and quickly walked towards the mansion where I saw an older Asian woman tending the yard, outfitted like how most gardeners as she hummed peacefully in her own world.