Cherry Blossom Mischief

**********

Brown.

Such a common color you see basically everywhere, specifically in nature.....especially in nature. When you ask someone what their favorite color is, you'd rarely hear anyone say brown...just because of how dull it is in comparison to almost everything else. It doesn't draw your attention like the lovely yet fierce hues of red like crimson or scarlet, the variety of cool blues like azure, indigo or navy.....or even purple and it's connection with royalty back in it's heyday......

And yet, why does brown seem so vibrant whenever you stare someone in the eyes with the color of it? Even if there's blue eyes, green eyes, etc...brown eyes are just as wonderful and captivating to look at just as much as those. Seeing the different shades of hazel....chocolate...amber...so closely just draws you into a world that seems endless just as much as the black void of a pupil in the center. What is it that makes it the glint of an eye so speci-

"Yo....Ms.Kang? You okay?" The fanning of one's hand near my face caused me to break my thoughts, seeing the color of the eyes in front of me.

I backed away slightly, a bit confused about what's going on until her words hit me again.

"You okay there? You seem to be spacing out for a bit..."

Wait.......for how long did I dwelled into the orbs before me?

"...Ms.Kang? Hellooooooo....?"

Crap. I rapidly blinked the chocolate of her eyes away and looked elsewhere....anywhere.

"I'm sorry, I was just thinking about something..." I finally muttered...maybe too quietly on my part.

"...was it about me being your boss?" She asked as she tried to slip into my view again. As I was trying to look away and collect my thoughts, I found that she constantly tried leaning towards my vision, getting me to look her in the eyes again. I soon gave up the fight and caught her gaze, shooting both my hands up and waving them slightly to dismiss her truth.

"N-no! Definitely not!"

She brought one hand out to cover her mouth. "Kekeke....okay......sure."

Her curious eyes seemed intent on catching me off guard as they inspected my face in great detail.

"FYI, I'm just kidding...."

....what?

I saw her walk toward the comfy black sofa nearby, turning her rear against it before collapsing into its comforting hug. She leaned back, crossed her legs and began digging into her bag of meat buns before taking one out, motioning for me to sit beside her. I followed suit, slinking towards her as she kept her sight on me with a small yet sly smile. A whiff of the savory goodness she held drew me in like an infatuated bee to a flower as I looked at the snack again, briefly glancing into her eyes before accepting it.

"Thank you." I finally went and sat beside her with a bit of room to spare but that didn't last as she uncrossed her legs and scooted a bit closer to me. She crossed her legs again and simply smiled at me again.....though I'm not sure why she was being so friendly considering I was a stranger to her. Before I even took a bite, the thing she said before lingered in my brain so I had to ask.

".....umm....about your 'FYI'...what do you mean by saying that you were just kidding?" I pondered.

She fished around for another meat bun and found one before looking at me again, smiling devilishly now.

"That I'm not really your boss....." she giggled.

Again, I found myself at a loss at her words, like an itch she left in my brain that needed a good scratch but couldn't be reached. I was about to speak until she said something first.