Chapter 5

A few classes go by. They're kinda boring so when they were doing a bit of individual work, Luna taps Yaoyorozu on the shoulder.

"Yes?" She asks.

"Do you have paper and a pencil I could use?" Luna leans down to her level.

"Oh, yes of course. Here," she creates paper from her arm and giver her an extra pencil.

"Thank you," Luna goes back to her seat and starts to doodle. She draws as many animals she could think of. Mostly small cute versions of them though. She'd need a picture to draw the actual thing.

"Hey, that's pretty good!" Kirishima said from behind her. She looked behind her, a bit surprised.

"Thank you?" Luna says, a pink dusts her cheeks.

"School just ended. You wanna head to the dorms with us?" Uraraka asks Luna.

"So when school ends head to the nurse's office," Aizawa says.

"I have to head to the nurse's office actually," Luna grabs the paper and then stands.

"Do you know how to get there?" Ojiro joins in.

"Not really," Luna says.

"We can take you!" Uraraka says. "Right Deku?"

"Yeah!" Midoriya nods and smiles.

"I'll tag along," Iida says.

"Alright, lets go," Uraraka leads the way.

The leave the classroom and chat about their classes most of the way there. Luna then remembers that she still had Yaoyorozu's pencil.

"I forgot to give this back," Luna says, holding the pencil.

"I can give it back to her if you'd like?" Iida volunteers.

"Yeah, thanks," Luna hands him the pencil.

"We're here," Midoriya says, opening the door.

Luna follows and the others right behind her.

"Oh good! You found your way!" Recovery Girl turns to the four.

"Right on time too," Aizawa says. He was sitting in a chair by the door, slouching over.

"The doctor will be here any minute now, so make yourself comfortable," Recovery Girl motions to the same bed from before.

"What's going on?" Midoriya asks.

"There's a doctor coming to see how strong her quirk is and to see if there's any underlying issues," Aizawa says, closing his eyes and looking down.

"Should we go then?" Iida asks.

"No, you three stay. You're gonna have to know this for when we try figure out what exactly her quirk is," Aizawa glances over at Luna. She sat on the bed, swinging her legs slightly.

"Yeah, that'll be a nice headsup," Uraraka walks over to Luna.

A knock on the door gets everyone's attention.

"Come in," Recovery Girl stands.

A bald older man with thin glasses, long white coat, and a suitcase walks in.

"Sorry if I'm a little late, traffic jam," The man closes the door behind him.

"You are fine. Luna herself just got here a minute ago," Recovery Girl says.

"You must be Luna?" The man asks. She just nods.

"Alright I'll get started. I'm Dr. Carson by the way," He sets his suitcase down next to her and starts taking her temperature, heartrate, blood pressure, and looks in her eyes.

"You see fine there. A little fast on the heartrate. What's this?" He points to her hand.

"Oh, I seem to do that when I'm nervous or stressed," Luna says, blushing ever so slightly.

"How long has that been a habit?" He goes back to the suitcase.

"Few years," Luna looks at her hand. There were thin scars from when she would basically rip skin off.

The doctors face scrunched up a bit and wrapped a bandage around it.

"I would suggest keeping something on it to break the habit. I isn't good at all to do that," Dr. Carson says.

Aizawa, Recovery Girl, and the other three hadn't even noticed the scars or her actually scratching at it.

"Okay, now I'm gonna have a look at your quirk," He starts sticking pads to her temples, chest, and stomach. There's a device in the suitcase that tells him a bit about it.

"You do have a quirk. Right now it's not showing any significant numbers. Probably because you're still underweight. But it seems to be an accumulation quirk. What are your parents quirks?" Dr. Carson doesn't look away from the screen.

"My father's quirk is to erase someone's quirk for 3 minutes by touching them. My mother's quirk is a resistance to many different kinds of quirks," Luna looks at her feet.

"Such as?"

"Healing, fire, electricity, erasure, and if someone's quirk is based around strength, then it would be canceled out and it just be a regular punch," she glances at the doctor to see his reaction. But he just stared at the screen with a frown.

"Interesting, what was your mother like?" He asks and puts a hand on her shoulder.

....

"Mommy!" Luna hops down the stairs one at a time.

"Yes, tiny?" Her mother calls from the kitchen.

Tiny was a nickname that her cousins had given her when they were little. She was the littlest of the three of them. It just flooded over to the rest of them.

"I wanna go play outside!" Luna grabs onto the hem of her mother's shirt and bounces.

Her father swoops down and picks his daughter up.

"Whatchu wanting to do?" He swings her around as she giggles.

"I wanna play with my rocks!" She holds onto his shoulders as he sets her on his hip.

"Well, you be careful. Try not to smash your fingers," Her mother kisses her on the forehead and attempts to smooth out her baby hairs.

Her father sets her down and she runs outside.

....

Luna's reflex got the best of her, making her snatch his wrist as soon as the memory faded. She twisted it and squeezed it as hard as she could, making him grunt. She looks into his eyes.

"What about your family?"

....

Dr. Carson sat beside a hospital bed with red puffy eyes. He held a child's hand with one of his and run the other in their hair. The child had an oxygen mask over their nose and mouth. They looked pale, sickly, and thin.

The only sound was the heart monitor beeping. A nurse walked in and said something incoherent. The man didn't look away. The nurse walked over and set a hand on his shoulder. He snapped out of his daze and looked up at her.

"I'm sorry, but visiting times are over," she says with a soft voice.

"Ok, thank you," he says as he leans back.

"Of course, have a nice night," she walks out.

The man stands and kisses the child's forehead and stifles a cry.

"I'll be back tomorrow"

....