Sneak peek of Chapter One!

Hello!! I see a lot of people have been reading this story lately and I decided to update you guys on some info!
I'm still working on this story's plot so I'm not sure when this story will be officially published. Here's a sneak peek of the first chapter to see how much I've improved and to get all of you hyped up! :)

"Ah, school." I sighed closing my eyes with a smile on my face. "The place where students are able to learn useless knowledge they will never need to use again in life and become sleep deprived."

My best friend of 15 years, Andi, burst out laughing. "I thought you were going to say something positive about school for once. I was about to start recording." He said shaking his head with a grin. I rolled my eyes as we walked into the school building. "Second day of our third year and I already want to drop out." I joked as we passed by teachers and students, struggling to make our way down the hall. I don't see why school is crowded all the time. It's like there are no other high schools in Ninjago.

We came to a stop as we arrived at my locker. "The only positive thing I'd ever say about school is," I stopped myself, taking a moment to think. "...wait actually I don't think there is anything positive I could say about this school." Andi chuckled at that. "What about Mr. Hedge and Mrs. Maud? They make school so much easier." He reasoned. 

Mr. Hedge and Mrs. Maud were two of the best teachers in this school. Mr. Hedge taught Science and he was the sarcastic and witty type, always causing his students to laugh. Mrs. Maud taught History and was basically the cool mom-older sister everyone wants. She wears clothes that teen girls wear but unlike most of them, she actually looked good in them. She never gave homework and understood that students had lives outside school so she didn't pester us about not doing work or having trouble. She's my personal favorite.

I nodded my head considering his argument. "You have a point."

I grabbed my books out of my locker as the first bell rang. I shut my locker and followed Andi to out first period class.

📝📝📝

"L/n."

My eyes darted toward the front of the classroom where Mr. Hedge sat at his desk. He was looking down at a pile of papers that he was currently grading.

"It would be greatly appreciated if you could stop clicking the pen," he stopped grading to look me in the eye. "Before I throw myself out the window and hope I land face first."

This caused some of the class to erupt in laughter including Andi. My face flushed with embarrassment. "Oh- uh- Sorry Mr. Hedge." I stumbled with my words as I placed the pen down. I could practically hear Andi roll his eyes next to me. "Come on, Y/n," Andi whispered in an amused tone. "That was literally the first thing he told us on the first day. Pen clicking annoys him." he snorted.

"You were the reason he told us that, Andi."

Both Andi and I looked behind us to see a brunette staring at us with an amused smirk. He has hazel eyes full of joy and a somewhat chiseled jaw. His skin was a light tan tone and he had a bandaid right above his left eye. On his right eyebrow there was a scar going down across his eye down to his cheekbone. How the Hell did he get that? I wondered.

"You click your pen all the time." he said his smirk turning into a small grin. Andi just laughed awkwardly before turning around without saying anything to the brunette. I frowned, disappointed in Andi. I turned back to the boy whose grin faded a bit. "Sorry, he's a dumbass." I apologized. "I'm Y/n."

"Nice name, bro! It's got a nice ring to it. I'm Kai. And don't worry about it, I'm used to being ignored." He waved it off, grin reappearing. My grin dropped. Awe. Dude.

Then I remembered something. "Wait, Kai? As in Kai Smith, part of the Dork squad that Chen bullies?" I asked curiously. Kai's grin disappeared for good this time as he nodded. He looked to the right of him at a muscular dude with black shaggy hair avoiding my curious gaze. He was wearing black headphones blasting some rock song not paying attention whatsoever.

These dudes are the ones Chen is bullying?Chen is a whole twig compared to these two, why don't they stand up for themselves? All they have to do it punt him down the hall. With those legs it should take a simple kick to the ass.

"Don't worry," I reassured the brunette after noticing his uncertain look. It looked as if he was expecting me to make a nasty comment. "I'm not like the other biased idiots at this school and Ninjago in general. I have a real deep hatred for Chen and I hope we can be friends." I explained and noticed Andi glance at me warily from the corner of my eye.
Don't you be a hypocrite, Andi.

Kai gave a small smile. "Nice to know. This is Cole, but you probably already know him too." He guessed patting Cole's arm.

Cole just moved his headphone down to his neck and lifted a curious brow. "What, Kai?" He questioned glancing over to the shorted boy. "Meet our new friend Y/n." Kai winked playfully. Unsure of what to say, I just waved. I'm an idiot. End my life.

Cole just rolled his eyes and put his headphones back on, blasting his music once more. Kai bit his lip and turned his attention to me. "Guess we both have that one friend, amirite?" He asked trying to make a joke. I smiled at his effort and nodded.

I turned back around to continue doing my work when I noticed Andi staring at me. I mouthed "what?" And he whispered that he'll tell me later. Furrowing my brows, I continued my work.
What an idiot.

Now this is just a sneak peek so if any of you have any advice or constructive criticism, please comment! I hope I can get this book officially published soon : )