[RMML] Chapter 1

March 1st, 2015 [6:00am]

Y/N's p.o.v

*whack* *whack* *whack*

"Baby sis, wake up Baba made breakfast"

(bà); Chinese for dad.

I wake up and slowly rub my eyes open only to see Tzuyu with a pillow on her hand. I then glare at her.

"Yah who said you could hit me with my pillow?" I ask annoyed. "And who says I'll allow you to sleep in?" Tzuyu retorts. She then whacks me again before dashing out my room.

"CHOU TZUYUU COME BACK HERE!" I quickly run out chasing Tzuyu. I then see her in the living room hiding behind our dad.

"Baba help she's gone crazyyyyy~~~!!" Tzuyu says in Mandarin. Before I could even reply back our father grabs both of our ears and drags us to the dining table.

"Ow ow ow Baba it hurts.." I whine speaking in Mandarin as well. Tzuyu and I only speak Mandarin at home. We were both actually born and raised in Taiwan but moved here in 2004 because dad's friend offered him a job at his restaurant after Mama passed away. It was hard adapting to a whole new country and being surrounded by a different culture but Tzuyu and I knew at the age of 5 that we had to do our best and work hard in school despite the language barrier so we can buy Baba a big house in the future.

"Can you two act your age? You guys are a bunch of monkeys" he says which makes us giggle. I then take a seat and we start dining.

"Chef Baba, what did you cook? Is this a Taiwanese dish?" I say as I happily take a bite.

The two then start laughing. "Dumbo." Tzuyu says before dad hits the back of her head.

"Oww~~" she rubs her head.

Dad then chuckles. "These are Korean style pancakes sweetie." Oh...

"Ah really? haha whoopsies."

"*sighs* You two dorks. Maybe I should bring you guys back home. You're both forgetting about Taiwanese food already? Oh dear..." he says jokingly.

"But Baba Y/N is the dumb one here I am a true Taiwanese~" Tzuyu says

"Can you be quiet? You're just mad.." I reply.

"Mad at what?" Chewy asks before taking a bite of her delicious food. I then make sure to say the next part in English so dad doesn't understand. Good thing our old school had one of the best English programs..

"Mad that all the girls and boys always fall for me and not you~" I say and stick out my tongue. Chewy then widens her eyes before going up to put me in a chokehold.

"AAAAAAAHHHH"

"CAN YOU GIRLS BEHAVE TODAY IS YOUR FIRST DAY OF HIGH SCHOOL AND YOU GUYS ARE ACTING LIKE YOUR ARE STILL 5 YEARS-OLD!" dad says before laughing.

"Sorry~" we both say.

Tzuyu and I both actually got a scholarship at Hanlim Multi Art School. Every year, the school hosts a scholarship program where they choose three very talented students who apply there. Tzuyu and I were surprisingly picked as the two of the three. But what was the name of the other girl who got the scholarship again? Song Chaeryoung or something? I don't know..

After breakfast I then got ready and put on my new uniform. [following pictures show what it looks like]

 [following pictures show what it looks like]