FOUR

Ambrosia's slender legs dangled off the swings. Delicate hand wrapped around the cool metal, serving as a cushion for the side of her face as she watched the sunrise a beautiful yellow color. She stayed there for an hour until Niall arrived, soaking up the sunshine and listening to the birds chirp merry songs.

"Hey!" She waved as Niall's car came into view. She stood up quickly, grabbing her backpack before walking into his car. The passenger seat was flawless while the back had his lacrosse stick and gear, countless Nando's bags, and several beer cans.

She looked through her backpack before taking out five chocolate chip cookies for Niall. She placed it in his cup holder, only for him to refuse.

"You have second lunch, right?"

"Yeah, we literally have the same schedule." Ambrosia responds, changing the radio until found a song she liked- Mixed Personalities by YNW Melly and Kanye.

"Find me at lunch and we'll share."

So she did. They went their separate ways for Homeroom before meeting in every other class until lunch. Awkwardly scanning the room, Ambrosia walked around three times before finding Niall at the table with several lacrosse players. Without any care in the world, she walked to the table and tapped on the boy next to Niall, stopping his conversation.

"Bro what?" He asks, not turning around to face her.

"Can you please move to the side so I can sit?"

"There's about twenty other tables to sit at-"he begins while turning around. Suddenly, his words stop and he scoots to the side, pushing some kid at the end of the table off. Ambrosia thanks him and sits beside him, turning to Niall to give him the cookies. In return, Niall gives her half of his grilled cheese sandwich.

"I'm Zayn, and you are? Since Niall hasn't introduced you." The boy beside her says, facing his and everyone's attention towards her.

"Ambrosia Belmont, I'm new and it's nice to meet all of you." She responds to everyone who  stared at her before all 15 boys said their names in order of the seating.

"You're my neighbor." The blue eyed boy says, making her nod and internally pray he would not tell anyone about her mental breakdown.

"Oh sick so what does your daddy own?"

"What?" Ambrosia asks, just as rude and loud as the Zayn boy beside her.

"Rich kids live in that gated community. Like Louis' dad, for example, is a director.. what Zayn's trying to say is, what do your parents do?" Niall explains, careful of his tone.

"My dad is a doctor and my mom is a dancer. Mom and I just moved here from the States." She responds, taking a bite out of the wrap afterwards.

Her response got mixed responses, ranging from "dope" to "so not all Americans are fat" to "which state?"

Soon enough, everyone went back to their conversations. Niall and Ambrosia talked about trivial topics for the thirty minutes allotted before going to PreCalc.

"That Zayn guy would not stop looking at me.. what's his deal?"

"You kind of look like his ex. Probably freaked him out." Niall explained as they waited until their math teacher entered the classroom.

"Oh okay, that makes sense. What happened to them?" She asks, curiosity getting the better of her.

"I don't know, he won't talk about it. They were together the night after she graduated and that's the last time a lot of us have seen her. Went on a pilgrimage, I think?" Niall explains quietly, causing Ambrosia to nod. "No one talks about it though, he always gets so angry when we do."