Chapter 5

As soon as I walked into the door, my mom gave me a hug. "Where have you been! I've been worried sick!" I stuttered. "Well-"

That night was one of the longest nights of the year for me. I'd gotten grounded from electronics for a week, for 'hanging out unauthorized'. I still was able to get out of my window every night but I from now on would feel guilty about it. There had been no signs of Lasher or Scream for weeks. I was really starting to miss them. What if something had happened to them? They could be in danger! And all because I was too soft on Scream. Maybe electro would have been intimidated by S.H.I.E.L.D and would have buzzed off to some other town. But now my friends were possessed by some crazy alien substance and are literally running amuck.

I was out swinging over the streets of Manhattan, and I saw one of the kids from the youth group. It was one of the girls in the worship team, Toni. She was talking with one of the guys on the worship team, Christian. I was swinging by, on top guard. I noticed two hooded figures on the top of a roof. They were looking pretty shady so I went to check it out. I noticed an unusual lump in one of their jackets.

I knew exactly who they were. They were electro and one of his Henchmen. I had to stop them. But I waited to catch them off guard when they were loading the gun. I saw the darts being loaded. One was pinkish purple the other was orange. As soon as they pulled the gun out, I swung down. "Oh, so this is the agent carnage I've been hearing so much about!" Electro looked like this handsome guy at first but once he blows you out of the sky with electricity, he is a little less appealing. He was a guy with electric blonde hair just like his daughter, and blue eyes. I was having a hard time keeping the symbiote under control probably because he was literally pure energy. I don't know what the heck he was doing up there. "Put the gun down and no one gets hurt!" I yelled. I gave myself an AR I had absorbed earlier. I knew exactly who his target was. It was too late. By then his thug had pulled the trigger. The dart landed in Tony's neck. I could hear her frightened scream from on top of the building. Before the thug could shoot the gun again, I swung down and kicked it out of his hand. "Oh, no you don't," Electro mumbled. He shot me out of the sky with a blast of electricity and I fell down to the street below. I crashed into the concrete below, right beside Tony and Christian both now looming over me. They had been possessed by the symbiote. Tony had turned into the most feminine symbiote yet. Long pink hair, And purple skin. Christian had turned into a giant, looming, orange monster. Just like all of the other symbiotes, they had mouths full of razor-sharp teeth, and talons. Christian grabbed me by the throat and lifted me in the air. "Why, funny seeing you here Carnage" Tony sneered. "Tony... Christian..." I sputtered. "Ah!" Christian roared. "Correction! Agony and Phage. You should know us by now, cousin!" Phage yelled, right before chucking me hard against a building. "Man, I haven't killed since we joined and formed hybrid." Agony said. "I could use a warm-up before the main event." She looked into the crowd.

"Eenie Meenie Minie moe..."

She looked into the crowd once more.

"This is the part where you start running and screaming." She said casually.

The people began to run for their lives.

From somewhere above, a feminine voice called down to her, "Not today, ya freak!"

Scorn swung down, and with a mighty kick, struck agony so hard that she flew into the steel foundation of a building, and it collapsed. Many innocent workers would have died if the living legend himself, prowler, wouldn't have saved them. Flying down, Jessica Drew swooped down and blasted Phage in the eyes, temporarily blinding him. Spidey swung down to support the foundation of the building with his webbing. Toxin jumped down from the building and punched Phage in the face with a taser. The whole team was here.

"Oh, it's the rest of the carnage idiots!" Agony yelled while trying to fend off scorn at the same time.

Everything was going great. The symbiotes would soon be back in the research lab. But out of the corner of my eye, I saw a yellow and green blur. Out of the shadows was an ear-splitting scream. As I clutched my head, I felt sharp tentacles wrap around my body.

"We really need to stop running into each other like this, cutie!" Scream yelled at me with a smirk.

"Can I kill him, Sis?" Lasher said as he wrapped his tentacles around my neck.

"No, I think we should let big bro Riot do it." She replied. 'Big bro Riot'? What the heck was that supposed to mean? Just for a split second, I saw Tobi in the crowd. I don't know how I knew, but he was going to be the last victim. HE was going to be Riot.

"Tobi--!" I scuffed a scream through the tentacles. He turned his face towards me, but it was too late. He fell backward. I could see the dart sticking out of his neck, but it wasn't a bright color like the others. I'd expected it to be bright blue or something like that, but it was really dark grey. The people backed away from him in a circle. But he was on his feet much faster than all of the others. He almost looked like venom but a little lighter colored symbiote. "MY FAMILY!!!!!" He yelled, "I've missed you all so!" He sneered. "Now, I've waited much too long to do this to the return the suffering that was inflicted on us, right back to the creator of that suffering..." he walked over to me, laying on the floor and grabbed me with both hands. "CARNAGE!"