Quince

Carmen grabs a mic before heading back into the ring where Nia Jax was still holding her leg in agony since Carmen Alvarez had made her tap out.

"Just to let you know, this will happen to Charlotte Flair at WrestleMania."

*******

"Interesting, you picked to go on SmackDown."

Carmen looked up from her phone and saw the former leader of Bullet Club in front of her, he was in casual clothes as the show was now over and fans were starting to leave the arena.

"Yeah." Carmen avoids his gaze.

"Bad decision but watching you and Charlotte would be a dream match I think."

"Yeah..."

"Congratulations."

"Thank you." Carmen silently hopes he finally leaves.

Devitt lets out a sigh and walks away.

*******

"But I love you." Carmen's voice cracked as streams of tears go down her face.

"I love you too but I don't see us going anywhere. I think we're going down two different roads in our lives and we're not meeting in the middle."

Carmen had no way of countering that. Dom might be right but she had deep feelings for him, she even had thoughts of them having a future together.

Carmen tries hard not to cry too loud, biting her lip to keep herself from whimpering.

"I'm sorry."

She hangs up the call and goes to the bathroom to fix her makeup.

Tonight was WrestleMania and she can't have her face looking puffy.

*******

Carmen was now SmackDown Women's Champion, she goes back to the guerilla position where she sees her best friend, Marisol.

"I can't believe you were in WrestleMania and won. I remember as a kid watching WrestleMania bootlegs with my brother and you were in WrestleMania."

"Yeah this is really cool, I can now say one of my best friends was in WrestleMania." Carmen's other best friend commented.

"I'm so glad you guys made it all this way. Especially you, Lisa, it's been so long." Carmen smiles at the woman beside her.

"Well, I know we are going to catch up when we hit the club!"

"Your wife still let's you club?" Carmen asks.

"Well what my wife doesn't know won't hurt her." Lisa shrugged. "I love my wife but one night of clubbing won't hurt me or her."

"I'm surprised you were able to be tamed. I remember back in our boxing days. I don't even think me and Marisol were even old enough to order a drink and I remember you were out here dancing on the booths and the tables."

All three women laugh reminiscing old days of when they were younger.

"I'm going to go shower ok? After this, well go clubbing and you twerk on the tables like the old days."

"No, no, those days are over. I don't shake it no more, I only shake for one person now."

*******

After getting club ready, Carmen leaves the locker room. Finn Balor bumps into her and Carmen puts her head down. She moves ahead, pretending nothing happened.

"What was that?" Lisa asked as she just witnessed the whole exchange.

"What was what?"

"That. Is that guy bothering you?"

"No."

Lisa begins to walk up to the Irish man.

"Lisa, what the fuck?"

"Hey, dickhead! Watch where you're going!"

"Eh-scuse me?" Finn looks down at the stranger in front of him.

"You heard me. You slam into my friend and don't even sorry. "

"Lisa..."

"Listen, I was going to apologize but she didn't even give me the chance."

"Well, do it now."

Balor fixed his gaze onto Carmen.

"Carmen--"

"It's fine. Lisa, let's go." Carmen drags her friend away.

"Can you tell me what is going on?" Lisa asks.

"It's a long story."

"Oh good, tell me about it when we get to the bar." Lisa smiles.

*******

"You need to talk to him the next time you see him." Marisol yells into Carmen's ear. The nightclub they decided to go to was extremely loud, the bass of the music was causing their seats to vibrate.

"I don't think so."

"Why not? You can't go through your whole life avoiding him." Lisa interjects.

"Yes I can. I'm in SmackDown now and he's on Raw, I can totally avoid him."

"He be in your Instagram comments, he's probably over what happened in Japan." Marisol tells her before taking a drink of her frozen cocktail.

"You don't just get over stuff like that."

"That's true. That's why you need to talk to him, apologize and shit." Lisa says after taking a sip of her beer.

Carmen sighs.

"Ok, if you don't talk to him, it's going to always be on your mind. You're going to regret it, those feelings will eat you inside and you'll feel even more guilty. You got to let him know, you'll feel better. Even if he hates your guts, it's better than the mind games you doing to yourself."

"Ok, yeah you right. Yeah, you're right, Lisa. Where you got that good advice from?"

"Yari always tells me it's best to tell your feelings than keeping them inside because youre putting unnecessary pressure on yourself."

"You're lucky to have her."

Lisa smiles and Carmen sips her cocktail, processing what Lisa just told her.

_______________________________________

A/N: SPOILER ALERT: Finn/Prince and Carmen are going to talk next chapter.