Chapter 24

(Present)
"Manly after that Dr. James explained everything to us, why he was their. He brought us back here and we have been here ever since.
So what is your story?"

Elizabeth's pov.

It took me a minute to figure out were to start. So I started with my mom, then my dad, and my brother. I told him about how I gained my powers and how I lost my mom. How I got here and what I could remember of the fire. He listened to me. He was focused on everything I was saying until the last my very last word.
I laid there and watched him gather his thoughts on how to respond to my long story. "It's alright I know it's a lot" I told him. It was getting really late at that point. It was still raining and the tv was turned of at that point.

"So your power is shape-shifting?" I nodded my head.
The room was quiet again. I listened to the rain as it got louder. Cracks of lighting and thunder outside made me jump. "You told me you found me outside.. Where and how? Tyler looked up from the floor and starred at me... "You don't remember do you?
When I walked outside I found you in the backyard face down... I carried you in and we all were helping you... We found bullets in you shoulder and were your kidney is.. I don't know how you lived." "When I was four my kidney was removed... I guess I was really lucky!" Tyler went on "we cleaned you up. There was so much blood we though we were going to loose you that way. Alex held you down when you woke up. You passed out again and we finished up and I put you into bed.

I tried moving to be more comfortable but an instant sharp pain began on my shoulder. Tyler saw me struggling and stood up. "I better get you back into bed". "Wait Tyler. how long was I asleep?" Tyler started to pick me up but I slid out of his grip. "Tyler how long?" "Elizabeth don't worry about it... It was only a couple days. I'll wake you up tomorrow for breakfast.
He carried me back to my room like he did before and laid me down in the bed.
He kissed my for-head and whispered in my ear "I'm happy you back" and with that he left the room. Leaving me alone to listen to the rain.