[Chapter I] : 𝐵𝑒𝑎𝑐ℎ𝑒𝑑 𝐵𝑒𝑎𝑢𝑡𝑦

A tail. Blue as the ocean right before the sun becomes encased with blankets of black. It shimmering in the moons light. Glossy, like a diamond. I have never seen him before. Blonde beach hair. Pools of brown encased with fear. I never knew that these beautiful creatures actually existed. I always had my speculations about them. Most of the ocean isn't even discovered, let alone even touched my human tech. So they can't say they doesn't exist. Him and I looked at each other for a while. Trying to find out what the others intentions were. He cocked his head to the side, his eyebrow raising to express a confused look. "卂Ҝᗪフ乇フᗪフҜ卩山卩?" I tilted my head Me now being the one with the confused look. "I don't understand what you're saying."

"フ卂フ丂Ҝ乇ㄖ" he said in his gibberish language once more. I looked at him again. At scattered sand on this body, than at the sea.

I had an idea. I doubt he'll be okay with it, but I'm not gonna miss the opportunity that has been bestowed upon me. Not my style.

      "Hey..if you want to talk more; meet me here tomorrow night at the same time as today, okay?" He looked at me, surprised, most likely because of how civil and calm I seemed. But if you could feel what I'm feeling inside. Your head would be filled with happiness and excitement, but your heart racing with worry and nervousness. Seeing something no other man has ever seen? Me?! It's absolutely amazing;  breathtaking. Nonetheless, the blonde boy nodded.  I was surprised that he'd agree to such a thing.  I guess he can understand me, but I can't understand him. That's interesting. I nodded back with a small smile. "Alrighty. Well, I'll see you tomorrow night then?" He gave me another small nod. That was my signal to depart.

As I started to walk back up to the mainland, I heard a splash behind me. Again, there he was. Beautiful and mysterious as ever. Swimming in the ocean.

And that was just the very start of the clock. A world I never knew of, would be tangling me up. Adventures that man couldn't imagine. Discoveries that I didn't know needed to be discovered. At just this moment, as I was just about to cross over to the sidewalk, I remembered a saying my mother told me a lot when I started to swim; "Danger burrows underneath the blankets of still water."