[ Chapter III] : 𝐷𝑒𝑒𝑝 𝐵𝑙𝑢𝑒 𝑆𝑒𝑎

It was cold, almost suffocating. Drowning me. I couldn't..swim? I grabbed upwards, but to no avail. Was I seriously going to die like this? How stupid. Atleast let me die peacefully. The smooth, gentle feeling of the ride carrying me. It felt like my mother rocking me when I was little. Her gentle touch. It reminded me of the waves in the morning. The sunrise painting the blue canvas with red and yellow. Sometimes purple. Laughing. Skipping rocks. Sand in our shoes. How I missed her. I could feel my lungs burning. Fighting against my own mind. Please, let me remember more... I could feel a heat brushing over my cheeks. I was crying, but the ocean that documented my life was making the tears and weeping silent. Overpowered by the echoing sounds of whales. Whales?. I felt like one. Lonely. Searching for someone. Traveling thousands of miles to find some comfort. I don't want to die..I don't want her story to stop here.. I gasped. My lungs let go, water flooding into me.

At that moment, a soft warmness grazed over my lips. Strong arms wrapping around my waist. What was happening? I couldn't tell, but I don't know if I cared. The owner of those lips were unknown, but it felt like a sudden peacefulness covered me. I felt comfortable. A fuzziness built up in my mind. My eyesight was flickering like a broken light. In. Out. In. Bubbles began to tickle my skin.

                                       Out.

                               ~ Time skip ~

My eyes slowly started to open. My vision was clear. I could breathe. "Did I-"  "It'll be okay. Don't worry. You didn't die. You aren't in heaven." The merman in-front of me finally spoke, a slight chuckle leaving his lips. I sighed, clutching my heart. Thank the lords. "Then what happened? I remembered drowning and then-" His dark eyes were soft. "If I didn't kiss you, you'd be dead."

...huh?

"How the hell does that work out?" He winced. I couldn't really be mad at him. And I knew that. "Thank you nonetheless." The boy nodded with a shy smile. Revealing small, hidden dimples on either side of his face. How cute. He scratched the back of his neck, the light pink on his face slowly growing more prominent.  Something hit me. A realization. "I can-" He cut me off "you can understand me, yes." I don't know what to feel, how to react. I looked down. I still have my legs. Thank god. "Cmon, lets go." He motioned my towards his back "We've" he shook his head, his bouncy curls following. "I've got a long swim ahead of me, and I doubt you'll be able to keep up with me." He smiled. "Especially cause you don't have fins. Plus, you probably feel tired." I felt the sensation of weights dropping ontop my shoulders, slowly pulling me down into the never ending abyss. "Mhm" I nodded with a hum. "Alright."

He started to bend over like you would when you're giving someone a piggyback ride. I just looked at him. It's hard to jump on someone's back nonetheless. Let alone in the middle of the ocean. Or atleast that's how it seemed. I couldn't see any sort of land mass in any direction. Just deep blue sea. It wasn't daytime yet. A dark blanket was still hovering over us. Little white sparkles were glistening overhead. "Cmon. We've gotta go before day break." He seemed worried. Almost scared. "Alright." You could say I climbed onto his back. "All nice and tidy back there?" His skin was perfectly smooth. Despite the coldness of the water, his was warm. "Yeup. Ready to rock n roll." I was looking around as we swam. Sometimes twisting and turning. I couldn't tell which way though. It was all blue. "Hey..." I poked his shoulder. "Hmm?" He looked back. "What's your name?" He chuckled cutely. "Chris. What about you? Human dweller." A human dweller, huh? "I'm y/n. You a fish man." He laughed. "Fair." He turned back around. "It's starting to get close to day break. I'm gonna start swimming faster. Hold on." I think our definition of fast are slightly off. It felt like I was on a motorcycle.
As we continued trailing off the ever lurking urge to sleep was becoming harder to resist, so I kindly accepted it.

                               ~ Time skip ~

"Hey, y/n." The male glances back to see you sleeping. You seemed so at peace dispite the situation you were dragged into. They don't know anything, yet they still are okay with coming with me. The pale blonde boy admired your ambition and determination. But that could get them killed.. Your eyes started to flutter open to the ethereal boy looking at you. "W-were almost there." He stuttered, quickly turning his attention onto a glistening structure ahead. As we got closer, more and more starting to come into view.  It was a castle; like a colony. "It's beautiful.." Your eyes couldn't believe what you were bestowing them upon. It looked like it was made out of eridensent glass. "We're going the back way. We don't want to get you caught." You nodded in response, continuing to admire the architecture of the city infront of you. Chris slowly descended to the floor of the ocean. Stopping right above it. "Your transporter has reached their destination. Please step off with care." I laughed. "Yes sir." I "jumped" off.

Your feet hitting the sand, creating a cloud of yellow-white. It felt weird walking on the oceans floor. You were lighter then you would be on land, so it kinda felt like you'd like it'd feeling walking on the moon. "Keep your head low." He lowered down to eye level. "Okay." I whispered. After sneaking around the stone wall that was bordering the city, and jumping around a bit saying "One step for man, and one giant leap for mankind", you arrived at a small opening made out of what seemed liked kelp and some sort of metal.

It had a small opening in it. Like the pulled up part you'd see in a fence at school. You and Seungmin once did that before. You wanted to play on the school playground in the middle of the night. And the only way in from the outside was through that hole. Hmm..I wonder why'd they need such a thing.

"We'll need to get you to Jeongin immediately." His tone was rushed. Glossed over with anxiety.  "What? Who's that? Why?" Chris stopped midway. His chestnut eyes filled with worry and pain. "If they see someone like you lurking around in our territory, you'll be begging for your own sentence."

What?

"In other words, you'd rather want to be dead then stay alive."