Chapter 1

10:32pm

Cold night wind blew through his skin, making his small fragile body shudder at the touch. With a letter he was holding tight between his gloved fingers, he keeps walking further to his destination.

He looks up at the old building and he frowned. "Is this the place...?" He whispered to himself as he keeps scanning the area and the address info. "Maybe.. I-i should just take a peek inside.."

The old rusty steel gate makes a creaking sound when he pushed the gate to get inside. Drop after drops, the rain start falling down onto the ground. "I need to hurry.." He walked to the main entrance and to the big door as he take a deep breath. "Alright.. Maybe there's just 'some' people. Calm down."

He almost had a panic attack at the thought but he tried not to. It would be weird and embarrassing if he had a panic attack in front of people he just meet for the first time. He knocks the door a few times and soon, a girl with straw hat appeared behind the door with a huge smile plastered on her face. "Hello! Come in, come in!"

"Ah, no.. I'm here j-just t-" The girl pulled his hand as both of them went inside, doesn't even bother to wait for him to finish his sentence. He gasped when he looks around. There's a lot people, not like what he expected at all. All of them are looking at him and that doesn't seems like a good scene for him. Its uncomfortable. "U-um.. I-i'm here to deliver this lette--" The door behind him suddenly slam closed, making a loud bang sound which makes him flinch surprised.

His breathing become faster as he realised he was in his attack. Those pairs of eyes are looking at him and that doesn't help, it makes him get more intense. He backed away and soon retreated to the wall behind him.

"Hey.. Are you okay?"

"He looks.. Weird."

He covered his ears with both of his hands as he shut his eyes close tightly with fear overtaking him. His makeup box and the letter dropped from his hand, with the makeup tools scattered around on the floor.

"Take a deep breath.. And hold it in 6 seconds. Then exhale. Repeat it until you feels better." Soft hand was rubbing his back in comfort. He looked up at the person, she looks like a nurse. She had a smile which makes him calmer.

"I- I'm s-.. Sorry.." He spoke with a low voice, almost like a whisper.

"No, it's fine. My name is Emily Dyer and I'm the doctor here. May I know your name?"

"A-Aesop Carl.. I work as embalmer f-from next town.." Aesop looks around and examined the place. It looks old, but how can they live here? I mean, its not like there's just five or six people here, there's more.

"I-if you'll excuse me.." The embalmer got up and looks around the floor to find his makeup tools but its not there. I'm sure I dropped them here before..

"Here." The man with dark blue hood hold out the makeup box, already complete with what's inside. Aesop looked up at the man with blindfold with an owl perched on his right shoulder.

"Thanks.." Aesop took his makeup box and went to the door as he twisted the door knob to open it but nothing happened. Its not locked but somehow he couldn't open it. He shakes the door a bit with strength he had but once again, the door can't be opened.

"Give it up. You'll stay with us here from now on." The man from before tapped his shoulder from behind as the embalmer turned to look at him with a frown.

"What do you mean..?"

"I'll explain more details to you tomorrow. Its getting late, Aesop. You should sleep." The doctor smiled sadly as she looks at Aesop. She know what he feels right now, because she experienced this before. No one knows their own fate getting trapped in this place.

The embalmer was confused at first, but he nodded with a frown still on his face. "I'll show you your room. Oh, I'm Eli Clark by the way. I'm the seer here." The seer smiled as his attention was still on the embalmer.

"N-nice to meet you..." Aesop tugs on Eli's robe like how a child would cling to their mother. The seer a bit stunned at his action but soon snapped back to reality when Emily's loud voice announced everyone to go back to their room.

The embalmer was still looking down on the ground while he walked following the seer going to his own room. Eli twisted the door knob and went inside with Aesop, as he looks around the room. The room was simple with a bed, brown wooden closet and desk, also with a chair. There was a window beside his bed, maybe to let some air on or look outside, depends on how the room owner wants.

"Thank you..." Aesop looked up at the seer as he saw the smile of his. The embalmer feels comfortable around him, maybe because he's wearing the blindfold? Aesop can't see his eyes so he doesn't need to worry over someone watching him, or maybe looking down on him.

"Its fine anyway. You can arrange your room like how you want since you doesn't need to join any matches for tomorrow." Eli stretches his arms as he yawned.

"Matches...? What do you mean?" The embalmer frowned.

"Don't worry, Emily will explain everything tomorrow. But you can also come to me if you want. Goodbye, I'm going to sleep."

As Eli finished his sentence, he stepped out of the room without waiting for Aesop's reply. Aesop just stare at the door in silence and soon, he closed the door.

Taking a seat on the bed, he sighed. This place is weird.. There's a lot of people too. Doctor? Seer? Ah, I need answers.

Aesop took off his mask as he walked over to the desk. A book? No, its a diary. Aesop opened the book and turning the page one by one, his mind now was full of thoughts when the diary is empty.

Soon, his vision went blurry and black, as he fell asleep with his head on the table.