Forgotten Beauty

Time.

It's always the opposite of the speed we want it to go.

Whether you're in class or at work and you want time to go faster.

Or you're hanging out with your friends, doing something you enjoy, and you want it to go slower.

Because you either want to savor that rare moment of true happiness, or get rid of those others that you think will never be significant and/or will make you feel something you don't want to.

This picture I took was on my way to school.

Going the same usual routine route with traffic, wanting to just get to school and get the day over with.

Everything in my life is pretty routine, not at the moment of course, but before this whole worldwide fiasco, I got up went to school, came home, made dinner, did chores, and went to bed.

Every. Single. Day.

Over and over.

Of course, I dont mind going to school. I enjoy it, and have always enjoyed it, learning new things and all.

But I rarely went out.

Probably once a month.

Not implying that I have depression or anything, because I don't.

But, the day I took that picture, for just a few precious seconds.

I slipped out of that routine.

My eyes saw the things I was missing and passing by all this time.

The sights I should be enjoying. Not just fuzzy outlines of the scenery around while listening to music.

From then on I took in all of the scenery around me. Even if I drove past it everyday, it still changed everytime I did.

The tones, the shades, the highlights, colors, hues, they changed everyday.

I saw something new everyday. And as the days went on, it got better.

(This was also the picture I entered into my first ever photo competition

(This was also the picture I entered into my first ever photo competition. Hope you like it)