Chapter 8

“What do you think, Julie?” Shane asked.

Julie was holding an elegant jewelry, a glimmering silver bracelet that has a dangling figure of dolphins and heart with a letter ‘J’ in the middle.

“It’s so lovely Shane.”

“Do you like it?”                     

“I like it so much.”

Julie stood up and went to hug Shane, however, he wasn’t expecting this, he just stood up there while Julie was hugging him.

“I’m glad you like it.” Shane held her wrist and connected the bracelet on the other side.

“Thank you.”

“Your welcome.”

An hour later, Julie said that it’s time for her to go. The lads won’t let her go because they enjoy her company so much. Julie said that Westlife are her inspiration on writing songs. Westlife said that its such an honor to inspire someone and it’s such a great thing. Later, while Julie was saying goodbye to all of them, her phone ringed and she answered it.

“Hello?”

“Oh, Ethan, What’s up?”

“Okay, I’m on my way, I’ll see you later, alright.”

She put her phone in her pocket and turned to the lads.

“Guys, I have to go now, my –“Before she could tell who called, Shane interrupted her.

“Your….. who?”Shane asked.

“Never mind, I really need to go, I’ll see you guys and thank you so much for all of this. Really I appreciate it and I enjoyed this day so much, thanks again. “ She left the room.

The lads cleaned the room and washed everything, Kian, Mark and Brian were already asleep. Shane was on the terrace and Nicky joined him.

“Why are you still up?” Nicky asked Shane.

“I don’t know, I can’t sleep.”

“You have a problem?”

“No, I don’t think so.”

“C’mon, tell me, you’re my best friend.”

“Who did you think did Julie talk to over the phone before she left?”

“Who, Ethan?, she said it over the phone.”

“Yeah, I know, I mean, who’s Ethan, a friend or what?”Shane asked seriously.

“How do I know?”

“Well, she’d probably told you about him before.”

“She never told me anything about anyone.”

Shane remains quite.

“Why did you ask anyway?” Nicky asked.

“I was just wondering.”

“Yeah, whatever.” Nicky snob

“What?”

“You’re not telling me, are you?”

“What do you want me to tell you? Shane asked.

“The truth, like why do you really want to know who Julie talk to over the phone.” Nicky replied.

“I told you, I was just wondering about it, it’s not a big deal, Nicky, everybody wonders about everything.”

“Don’t lie to me.”

“I’m not lying to you.”

“Then you’re lying to yourself.”

“To myself?” Shane’s curious.

“Yeah, you don’t want to accept something true because you don’t wanna believe that it’s true.”

“Thanks for the advice, I have to sleep now.”

“It’s never too late for anything, Shane.” Nicky said while Shane walks out of the terrace. Shane heard him but he didn’t mind it.

A few years later

July 3, 2002

9:00 am

Nicky called Julie over the phone.

“Julie it’s me, Nicky, could I come over to your house?”

“Yeah sure, if you know where I live.”

“Shut up Julie, just tell me your address.”

Julie told Nicky her address, and Nicky said that he wanted to come over because he wanted to tell her something.

“Why not just tell it over the phone?”

“I want it personal, I’ll see you there.”

Nicky drove off to Julie’s apartment.

Minutes later, Julie heard a knock on his door, it was Nicky, as she was expecting, she let him in and Nicky saw a big vanilla-chocolate cake that is shaped like a letter ‘W’; all their names are in it and far below, it says; Happy 4th Anniversary Westlife, lots of love, Julie Sparks.

“You made this?” Nicky asked and he went to the table to check it out.

“Yeah, our family also has a talent on baking; that of course, influenced me a lot.”

“This is so cool.”

“Thanks, but at first, I really don’t want you to come here, because I wanted that to be a surprise for Westlife’s anniversary.”

“It’s alright, I’m a secret keeper.” Nicky sighed.

“So, why did you come here anyway?”

“Alright, remember Mark’s gift for you on your birthday, a couple of years ago?”

“The beautiful dress?”

“Yes, do you still have it?”

“Yeah of course, I haven’t touched it in years.”

“Well, you’re going to wear it tonight.”