24%/100%

〰️G〰️

Two weeks. It had been two weeks since they broke up. They were starting to accept it, at last. It had been tough and crying had been their best friends most nights, but they were starting to be ok.

It was Saturday, and as soon as George woke up he knew something was wrong. Looking for whatever was going to ruin his day, he went down to the kitchen to make himself some tea.

There, her mother sat, looking at nothing in particular. George stood at the staircase for a minute before he kissed her cheek. "Good morning mom. What's up?" He asked casually.

"George" sha started, making him stop and stare at her. "We broke up" George dropped the bag of tea he had in hand as his heart stopped.

"What?" He whispered. "We didn't work out" she smiled sadly at him, tears begin to get out. His lips trembled.

He had been so centered on himself that he hadn't thought about the real relationship here, his mother's one. He hugged her with all the strength he could. It was the first time she cried over a man, and it was bad. She was heartbroken. Like him.

Funny. The Bibbys really knew how to make them cry. He pulled away and smiled at her. "Mom, it's alright. Sometimes no matter how hard you try, you fail" she nodded and got rid of her tears.

"But, you're both fine, right?" She nodded again and he felt relief. There wasn't any cheating or anything that would make his mother hate the Bibby family. "It's alright. So you're over? oficial? We're leaving?"

He knew he was asking too many questions but he needed answers. "Yeah" he smiled sadly. That meant they were moving away and that Reece and him wouldn't be family anymore. A good and a bad thing.

"Ok. Do you want to leave now?" She nodded. They headed upstairs to pack. Just as he was grabbing Reece's sweatshirt, with tears on his eyes, a Reece in the same sad state opened the door. They hugged, both in tears. This didin't have to happen. They didn't know how to feel. They just cried for everything.

For the good times, for the bad times. And for the times that wouldn't be there anymore, because they were going to part.

"I love I love you I love you" Reece mumbled again and again. George chuckled through his blurry eyes. He patted and fake slapped the boy's cheek. "Don't you get cheesy on me, Bibby" he joked. "We will meet again" he declared with a sad smile.

"We will. You have my number and my house isn't that far away. We will. And who knows, if you don't fall in love with any girl in the way, maybe I'll give you a chance" he smiled sweetly and pecked those lips he loved so much.

"Alright. This isn't a goodbye, it's a see you later" George nodded in agreement. "I'll see you downstairs. We're leaving as soon as we finish packing" Reece nodded and left.

George sighed happily. This wasn't a goodbye. They will meet again. He finished packing, taking a few of Reece's sweatshirts that he had stolen and went to the door. He looked a last time at his room. That was it.

He went down the stairs as he remembered. Blake. Bailee. Shawn. Camila. And just as he thought of calling them he saw them all at the end of the stairs, looking at him with sad smiles.

He went down the stairs and threw his arms around all of them. He heard Camila and Bailee sniff and knew they were crying.

"I don't know how girls can cry so much" Blake said with crossed arms, trying to hold tears. George laughed as they heard a honk. His mom. He looked at them a last time.

"Ok. I'm not good at goodbyes, but just... call me. You all have my number. Don't get sad, I'm still alive" they laughed softly and George waved. "Bye, I love you"

A chorus of "I love you too"'s were heard as he walked down the stairs. His mom was hugging Jamie like he was an old friend that was about to disappear. He smiled at Reece, who got his bag and put it on the back of his car.

Reece hugged him a last time, lifting him off the ground. George chuckled and pecked his cheek. "That's not enough" Reece said. And George thought he was joking, but suddenly the familiar pair of lips were on his.

Once they parted, after a few gasps, George hid his face on the crook of Reece's neck. "How am I supposed to say goodbye to your dad now?" He asked, even tho he felt pure euphoria at the moment.

"Tell him you'll see him in our wedding" Reece joked. George laughed, turned and hugged Jamie, who was gaping. "I did not expect that" he chuckled after George's hug.

"Surprise" he said. Jamie smiles brightly and ruffles his hair. "You were the best step son ever. Just take care of your mother for me, alright? I know your father is watching over you two but I care about her too"

George smiled at him. " I will. And you take care of your son. He's a tough one" he commented, looking as Reece hugged a crying Camila.

"Goodbye" he said to all of them. To his family. They were a family, after all.

They waved as he hopped on the back, knowing Zack was there. "Hello" Zach smiled. "Hey" George said. The car started and his mom started driving. George stared at the window of the back of the car, watching the people he most loved wave. He waved a last time and then sighed.

He leaned on Zack's shoulder, who laid his head on top of George's. "Remind me not to flirt with you, Bibby boy would officially kill me" Zack commented.

And then George remembered he was too. "Oh, I'm sorry you saw-" Zack chuckled. "It's alright. It was just flirting, after all. I'll find someone"

"Looks like George already did" his mom said, speaking for the first time since they said their goodbyes. George froze at her cold tone. No

Nonono "I'm kidding love. I just wished God would have brought the right couple (aka you and Reece) together form the start and not mess up all of us. Only one Bibby and one Smith are meant to be and that's you and Reece"

He smiled at her even tho she could not see him, and he whispered "thanks mom"

She smiled and eyes him through the small mirror as Zach stretched and placed a friendly hand around George. "Well, do you want to prank someone when we're back?"

"Yeah, why not"

THE END

➿➿➿

Hello :)
I hope you liked this book, even if the end was a bit shitty.I would like to thank all of u for voting, commenting and just reading.

I love all of u <3

And just say that I think I'll stop writing Greece for a while and focus on Dorbyn, I've got a few ideas for them

Goodbye and thank you for reading "Step Brother"

-P