Nineteen

Adam and Laticia reached the base as quickly as possible.  They noticed that the soldiers from the military were there too.

They entered the laboratory where Jake's body was being investigated. Mr Roger was there too.

"How did this happen?" Adam asked.

Mr Roger turned back and saw Adam and her sister entering.

"Adam!" He exclaimed.

"This is insane. Come and follow me." He continued as he lead them inside the laboratory.

They stopped in front of a table on which laid Jake's body.

Crystals were formed all around his neck.

"Oh my God." Laticia whispered.

"I was equally shocked Laticia. Tiny pieces of crystals have been detected in his throat, which is the reason behind his death." Mr Roger explained.

"Crystalina is behind all of this. She killed Jake. Now she will kill my child." Adam said.

"What do you mean Adam." Mr Roger asked.

Adam quickly grabbed the shoulders of Captain Roger and pleaded : "Sir please help me. My child is in danger. Crystalina has my baby in captive. I didn't even get to see my baby properly, I don't even know if my baby is a boy or a girl and it is already facing death. Please save my child."

Adam couldn't get a grip on himself anymore. He felt helpless and guilty.

"Calm down Adam. We will do our best. Let's go in my cabin. Commissioner Jordan is waiting for me to discuss about the same matter." Mr Roger said as he patted Adam's back.

They then walked towards the cabin of captain Roger where mr Jordan was waiting for them.

As they entered the cabin, they noticed a sign of worry on mr Jordan's face.

"Captain Roger. What's all this?" He asked immediately.

Adam and Laticia stood behind while Mr Roger took a seat in front of the commissioner.

"We are trying to solve the matter..." Mr Roger was still explaining but he was cut off by the commissioner.

"You're trying to solve? Can't you see how people are freaked out with this alien that your astronauts brought?" He said with fury.

"What?" Mr Roger asked.

Adam and Laticia were shocked, thinking that Crystalina was killing innocents.

Mr Jordan took out his laptop from his bag and switched it on. He then played a video. Laticia and Adam approached to see the video.

It was a footage of a mall and Crystalina was spotted walking everywhere in that mall with her extraterrestrial figure. Everyone who were present in that mall were scared by her appearance.

"Please zoom on her." Adam requested.

Mr Jordan did so and Adam focused on his baby who was inside of the alien.

"That's my child. We have to save it!" Adam exclaimed.

"What do you mean?" Mr Jordan asked.

"Yes. She took my new born baby and she can kill it if we try to harm her." Adam explained with distress.

"Oh no. But how will we kill her? I was thinking of instigating her so that she runs to an isolated place and over there we would throw missiles on her, just like we killed her mates on the other planet." Mr Jordan explained strategically.

"No! No please! You cannot do this. My baby will die. Please let's think of something else." Adam pleaded.

"But what else can we do?" Mr Jordan asked.

"Maybe we can try capture her and bring her back. Once here, we'll try to take out the baby and then kill it." Laticia suggested.

"I don't think we can do this. She is an alien. We are unaware of the power she holds. What if she kills us?" Mr Jordan said.

"Let's take the risk." Mr Roger intervened.

"No! If she could break that highly secured glasshouse and escape, then she has the capacity to do anything. She took Adam's baby and he couldn't do anything about it! We can't risk so many people's life. She is too dangerous." Mr Jordan explained.

"You're right. If we harm her, she might get furious and destroy everywhere. We cannot play with the lives of the public." Mr Roger explained.

While they were in the middle of the conversation, the phone of the commissioner rang. He picked up the call.

"Hello, yes.. what? I'll check it right away." He talked as his forehead wrinkled.

He then opened a message on his laptop and played a video. The video was recorded by one of his soldiers. It showed other aliens who looked exactly the same as the ones they killed on the crystal planet. They were giant, scary and they were crushing buildings as they walked. Through the video, painful screams of the public was heard.

"Oh no. I thought we had killed each and every of those things on that planet." Mr Roger said.

"How did they come here?" Mr Jordan asked as his eyes opened wider.

They stared at the video and then they saw Crystalina standing on the roof of a house. She was creating other extraterrestrial figures using rocks. She threw a huge amount of tiny pieces of crystals on the rocks which made them turn into monsters.

"I am your Queen." She shouted as she laughed.

People were seen running to and fro. Panic had spread all over the country. There was about 7 giant creatures who were freaking people out.

"This is incredible." Mr Roger said.

"Her powers are unlimited! We need to take actions!" Mr Jordan said as he stood up.

He then turned to Adam and said : "Adam, I'm sorry but we have to kill her. It's the only way to save the public. You will have to sacrifice your child. You brought this danger here, now it's time to eradicate it. I'm sorry." He tapped Adam's shoulder and left.

Mr Roger followed the commissioner and they both left the cabin.

Adam felt broken. He stood there with a blank face. Laticia approached him and touched his hands but Adam stopped her.

"Leave me alone." He said.

Laticia felt miserable seeing her brother like this but she knew it was not the right time to talk to him, so, she walked away, leaving her brother on his own.