Prolouge

In ordinary language, a crime is an unlawful act punishable by a state or other authority. The term crime does not, in modern criminal law, have any simple and universally accepted definition, though statutory definitions have been provided for certain purposes

The key to getting away with a crime, is communication.
The key to not getting away with a crime, is leaving crucial evidence in the possession of somebody unreliable and untrustworthy.

But, that is exactly what Elizabeth Cooper did in an inauspicious night of December, 2017.
Why now? Why not two years ago?
That is exactly what everyone in the town thought, that over-processed evening of December, 2019.

The 'crime' was never something that was intended to happen,
It was a emotional filled incident that was forgotten about until the police arrived at the Cooper Residence at 3am to but her behind bars for the rest of her life.

Her best friend was about to destroy her dreams and future. She hadn't even worried about it since it happened because she was sure, that she could trust her best friend to keep the secret. AND the weapon, hidden away in an old lockbox in a worn away bunker.

She could trust her best friend, right? Wrong.
She forgot about the rule one night, and argued with her. She forgot she had the leverage on her and within two interrogations and a five fingerprints on a bronzed handgun she was behind bars within four days.