skate park

A/N! IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ!

Hi! If you have not read the previous book to this called "friends" please do that now. This book won't make sense unless you have read the first one. If you have read the first one and you have been waiting for the second WELCOME! Thank you so much for all the support on the first book and I'm so excited to write more.

All that being said please enjoy this book!

-

When you lose someone you love and then you get them back, you realise how much you missed them. You realise how much of you left when that person did and when they return, you feel whole again. You realise that you don't ever want to lose them again. You can't ever lose them again.

That's the reason I convinced my best friend who didn't remember anything about me but name to move back home with me. I convinced him and his entire family to come back to Adelaide and I don't know how I did it, but it worked.

My parents weren't happy that I left for so long without their consent but they got over it. after grounding me. For a whole three months.

Six months later Ruel had regained his memory. Well, most of it. There were a few things he didn't quite remember but I was happy with how things were coming along.

"What?" I asked Ruel who was sitting on my bed as I drew random shit in my art book.

"Nothing," he says with a smirk and I roll my eyes before going back to my drawing. Ruel had been the only person allowed to see my artwork because I hated it when other people saw it. He didn't judge me or comment on it. If he liked it he said small compliments but he never tried to correct it or change it, which I was grateful for.

"Have you ever drawn the ocean?" he asked me and I shook my head, not even looking away from my drawing.

"Nah I only draw flowers and stuff like that," I answer simply even though I knew he was aware of that. I heard the bed creak and his feet pad against the ground before a pair of arms wrapped around my waist and a head rested on my shoulder.

"Very pretty," he mumbled against my shoulder and I smile. I had drawn a field of sunflowers and I was planning on painting them different colours.

"Thank you," I say before turning my head, planting a small kiss onto his cheek. He smiles and places a kiss on my cheek as well.

"So what are you gonna do for your birthday?" he asks me and I shrug, turning my attention towards the drawing again.

"I don't know. Probably nothing big," I say nonchalantly.

"Well what did you do last year?" he asks and I chuckled.

"Cried," I simply answer and I knew he felt bad even though it wasn't his fault.

"Come on love, you have to do something. It's your 18th!" he said excitedly and I shrugged.

"I mean I'll probably have dinner with family and friends then we can go out clubbing and shit for a while. I just don't want a big party or anything," I tell him and he nods. Suddenly his phone starts ringing from where he left it on my bed. He unravels his arms from around my waist and walks over to the bed, answering the phone.

"Hello?" he answers and I hear muffled talking on the other end of the line.

"Yeah, that would be sick. Let me just check it's cool with Lana," he said before moving the phone away from his mouth and I turn to face him.

"Jaden and Kiarah wanna know if we can hang out at the skate park?" he asks me and I shrug.

"Sure. Can Bella and Caleb come too?" I asked and he asks the same question to, who I was now assuming was Jaden, on the other end of the line. Ruel then nods and I pull my phone out of my pocket.