Chapter One

My name is Delilah Sallaway. I am sixteen, and the oldest out of two kids. My little sister Bailey is eleven and loves to get into other peoples business. I grew up with just my sister, my dad, and myself. My dad's name is Keith and he loves my sister and I so very much. He's a family doctor, also my family doctor.

       All three of us are sitting at the dining room table eating Chinese takeout. My family loves Chinese food but I find it weird because we're actually Latino. We have Mexican food sometimes but not too much.

          "So what movie should we watch tonight?" Bailey says slowly.
      " Maybe we could watch an old movie, like the titanic." I've always loved old romance movies. I love romance in general, not like I have a relationship or know anything about love, but's it's fun to read about and watch.
      " Eww, no! Why do you like those? We should watch Bumblebee." Bailey has always loved watching movies about hero's and all that other crap. As me and Bailey start fighting about what we watch my dad starts to scream.
      "How about Delilah makes us some good peanut butter cookies and I will decide what we watch." Bailey and I both groan because dad is the worst movie picker. He goes on and says, "We won't be able to watch all of it because it's already twelve and tomorrow you guys have the first day of school."

    I prepare the peanut butter cookies as dad and Bailey are sitting on the couch and trying to find something to watch. We end up watching a documentary of Walt Disney on Netflix.

    Later that night I put on my flames night time shorts and a button down flannel shirt. I am going through my closet to see what I'm going to wear tomorrow. I decide on a floral pencil skirt and and a pink tank top with a black cardigan on top.

   As I'm laying in bed that night I think about how my mom left us after Bailey was born. She never wanted kids and Bailey was really hard to take care of so she left us and now has a family oNorth Carolina