Chapter 11

Time Jump two days before Christmas

"Hey, Magda!"

Pernille is calling her from the hallway.

"Yeah!"

"Will you grab my power cord? I think I left it plugged in the wall."

Magda checks Pernille's side of the room.

"Got it!"

They call a Taxi that will drive them to the Train station. When they arrived at the train station the train to Malmö was already in the station. Magda paid the taxi driver.

Magda and Pernille got on the train. Magda got their tickets a week earlier. Magda got the tickets because she was worried that Pernille would mess it and they would end up in Are.

"You wanna listen to some music or book on tape?" Magda offers Pernille, who has already taken off her shoes.

"Mm, maybe later, I kinda wanna nap."

"We got up like two hours ago. You're always napping."

"So, travels make me sleepy," Pernille replies. "And I have to make up for that all-nighter I pulled writing my paper the other day." Pernille balls up her hoodie and leans it against the window as a makeshift pillow. "But... thanks for getting the tickets and everything Magda."

"It's okay, I like planning trips," Magda says, smiling.

"Mm," Pernille returns Magda's smile.

The train is departing, Magda is going through videos of her old games and Pernille is sleeping against the window.

The train makes a curve and Pernille's head leaves the window and ends up on Magda's shoulder.

Magda smiles and pulls Pernille closer to her.

After 2h 45min they arrived in Malmö. Magda felt really bad that she had to wake Pernille up. Magda immediately missed Pernille's weight on her shoulder.

They had to change trains multiple times.

They arrived in Horsens and had to wait 10 minutes for their final train to reach Ikast. It still was a little over an hour's journey. When the train arrived Magda began to feel really nervous and looked at her feet, she's going to meet Pernille's family for the first time. Pernille's parents knew about their history and the fight they at the Scandi cup.

As if Pernille was able to read Magda's mind, she reached for Magda's and squeezed it, Magda looked at Pernille's and got lost in her eyes.

"Don't worry Magda, my parents will love you, I told them how you took care of me when I had my leg broken."

"thanks" Magda whispers, smiles and squeezes Pernille's hand too.

Pernille smiled.

The Train arrived, they got on the train still holding hands.

After 30min, Pernille's phone buzzes.

"Hello?" Pernille groans an answer. "Yeah mom, we're on our way. Should be arriving in 30min, will Louise pick us up? Yeah yeah, whatever is fine. Ugh, she's not picky mom. Okay fine." Clarke brings down her phone, turns her attention to Magda, "My mom wants to know if you mind spinach in the lasagna she's making," Pernille rolls her eyes with this question.

"Um... spinach is fine."

Pernille brings the phone back to her ear, "As I said, mom, she doesn't care. M'kay, um, a pint of the Phish food flavor and mint chip. Thanks, mom, bye love." Pernille hangs up.