O*N*E

"WHAT?!"

I exclaim out of shock. "Father! Already? We agreed I will get married when I turn 23!"

My father glances at my mother across the dining table uncertainly.

"Well yes but sweetie.. the people are getting anxious as well as the counsel. And we aren't asking you to marry now, only to find a suitor. 20 is too early to get marry anyways.." Mother says calmly. I stick out my bottom lip in worry.

"Here, we will tell you what," my father starts. "Instead of limiting you to find a royal-blooded suitor, you're free to pick anyone you meet."

My face brightens as I sit up in my seat. "Really?! Anyone!? Not just one of those cocky weirdos?" I smile innocently as my parents throw me a look.

"Not just that but you have to find someone by the time 6 months have passed."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

6 months.. will that be enough? Enough time to find someone who won't use me for power and will be a good ruler... But I'm so naive. What if I fall in love with the wrong person?

"Ji~ Are you listening?"

I snap out of it when a pair of big hands squishes my face.

"Tae!" I whine and push him away. He giggles and flips his tail. Bubbles erupt around him as he swims around me.

"Why are you so out of it? Something on your mind?" He offers me a small smile as he settles down on an algae covered rock next to me. I sigh and shake my head.

"I-it's Nothing. Don't worry about it." I smile reassuringly. He makes a face that tells me he doesn't believe me but he doesn't say anything.

"Let's go see what Jimin is doing! I bet he's mooching off a girl by the docks again." He smirks before creating a mini whirlpool behind him as he rushes off.

"Gosh Taehyung control that tail! And wait for me!" I shout after him as I launch myself through the waters using my powerful tail.

Yeah if you haven't figured it out by now, we're underwater. All royals have the ability to shift from human to merfolk. As the princess, I spend most of my time bonding with both sides of the kingdom I will rule in the future. I honestly can't imagine life without both.

I didn't realize I was dazing out again until I swam into Taehyung. He purses his lips and grabs my arm gently, pulling me towards him.

"Quit being clumsy! We have to be quiet in order to catch Jimin!" Taehyung whisper yells. We pop up out of the water and scan the abandoned part of the docks for Jimin.

"Maybe you were wrong and he's not getting it on with some girl again. Have some faith in hi-" I shush myself when I hear a moan from the far part of the beach. Taehyung grins mischievously and dives under water.

Gosh this boy..

I sigh and reluctantly swim after him as quietly as I can.

Jimin doesn't even notice us as we tread in shallow water nearby. Taehyung smirks at me with a look that screams 'told ya so'. I roll my eyes and shake my head as Jimin continues his business.

Him and a village girl are getting it on under one of the abandoned docks on the far side of the beach that no one travels to see.

Not the same girl as last week of course.

Jimin is quite the player but he doesn't get involved. Once he sees a girl getting too attached, he breaks it off. And to be fair, he does warn them that he isn't looking for anything serious.