T*H*R*E*E

"Why, the dinner to announce you're looking for a suitor."

Ah shit

I glance cautiously at my friends. They both have a look of confusion, attention on my mother.

"Princess JiHae!"

Oh thank god for the maids.

"Oh my apologies, am I interrupting?" The maid stops short and bows apologetically. I shake my head frantically.

"No not at all! I'm assuming you need my presence to prepare for tonight?"

The maid nods and I smile.

"You have great timing! Let's go!" I say cheerfully and hurry my way out of the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You look magnificent your majesty!" A young maid compliments as she puts the finishing touches on my makeup

"You look magnificent your majesty!" A young maid compliments as she puts the finishing touches on my makeup. I hum in appreciation and smile.

"Your majesty needs to make an appearance in 5." Our royal adviser informs loudly from outside the door. The maids help me up and bow as I exit the room.

They know. Jimin and Taehyung know. I didn't want to say anything.. they don't need to worry about me. But I know once they see me, I will be bombarded with questions. I know they care for me like brothers and don't want me to stress over these things. They know how much my responsibilities already stress me out.

My thoughts disappear as I feel the impact of bumping into a hard surface.

"Oh my gosh I'm so sorry! I'm- oh! Your majesty." A young man apologizes, bowing respectfully.

"Oh no it's okay! It was my fault. I wasn't watching where I was go-"

Holy. Shit.

The young man stood straight and we made eye contact.

He's so handsome..

I found myself lost in his brown doe eyes. I glance down and notice his attire.

"Oh? A prince?" I think out loud. The flustered man looks down at himself and clears his throat awkwardly.

"Uh- y-yes. Prince Jungkook. Jeon Jungkook. Kingdom 7 of Phoenix."

Oh that's right! I need to explain the whole kingdom system

Oh that's right! I need to explain the whole kingdom system. There are 14 existing mythological shifting creatures. Dragon, Unicorn, Phoenix, Vampire, Troll, Werewolf, Goblin, Mermaid, Demon, Centaur, Minotaur, Fairy, Satyr(goat/human), and Pegasus. All kingdoms are combined/ruled with/by one of these 14 creatures, as well as given the power to shift for the royals. There are 10 kingdoms of each species. For example, as Jungkook said he is from the 7th kingdom of Phoenix out of the ten of Phoenix kingdoms. My kingdom is the 2nd kingdom of merfolk. So in total around the world, there are 140 kingdoms ruling different regions. Each species is also known for certain traits but I can explain that later.

He's fucking beautiful- Gosh I should get out the habit of cursing-

"I'm assuming you are Princess JiHae. Choi JiHae. Kingdom 2 of merfolk?" He speaks again. I watch his lips in awe.

I gulp and nod, focusing my attention back to his eyes.

"Yes, it's nice to meet you." I curtsy. "I assume that you are here for the announcement dinner?"

He chuckles and shakes his head. "That normally would be the case but I was sent to help negotiate trades between my kingdom and yours. My father had fallen ill and couldn't come."

"Oh, I see. I'm sorry to hear that-"

"Where is the princess!" I hear the royal adviser shout down the halls.

My eyes widen. "Oh shoot! The dinner! I'm so sorry Jungkook but I must go." I apologize and hurry down the hall until a voice calls after me.

I halt and turn around to face the innocent looking prince.

"See you again?" He asks. I smile.

"Oh I hope so." And with that I'm running down the hall again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I take my seat, smiling sheepishly at my parents whom have death glares aimed at me. We sit at the long table at the elevated part of the main room in the palace, where tables are set up across the floor around the water opening in the middle where few merfolk have gathered. I notice many other of our allied kingdom leaders are seated. As well as the higher up families of our kingdom. The royal counsel members seated at a separate table. I notice cameras set up aimed at the royals table.

All the people are watching this right now aren't they..

Our announcer quiets the crowd before passing the attention to my father whom stands proudly.

"Thank you for all coming..."

Jimin's POV
".. we have gathered everyone to make an important announcement that I am sure many of our people have been curious, or even anxious about."

I sit on the docks, holding my phone out in front of me. Taehyung seated beside me. (Yes, they have phones. These are modern times)

I keep my gaze focused on JiHae as the camera pans out to get a view of the 4 members of the royal family.

She looks.. worried.

Taehyung must've noticed too. He looks over at me with a concerned look.

"Many have been questioning if this kingdom will have a king to rule alongside our beloved eldest daughter, JiHae." The king smiles proudly as JiHae stands up. She has a smile on her face that only Taehyung and I would be able to see as fake. "As you all know, Princess JiHae will be married at 23. To assure a marriage will happen at that time, we are making an official statement."

It feels as if everyone is on the edge of their seats.

"The Princess has been given 6 months to find a suitor. Every young man from the ages 18 through 32 are a potential choice for the princess to court."

There are gasps heard amongst the crowd. Taehyung gasps as well.

"Six months! Is that enough for her to be sure?" Taehyung says doubtfully. I furrow my eyebrows.

"They said every young man between those ages are a potential match.. they aren't limiting her to marry another royal?" I look at Taehyung. He raises his eyebrows and flips his tail that's hanging off the dock.

"This must be what was keeping her distracted!" Taehyung exclaims and raises his hand in realization, pointing at me. I nod and turn my attention back to the live broadcast.

"So bring it on men! The princess will hold a meeting once a week with each individual man between the ages 18 and 32. Those interviews lasting 3 minutes each.." The king shouts cheerfully. "To the future couple!" He raises his glass. The rest of the people follow his action.

"To the future couple!"