OIL AND WATER

"Oil and water don't mix, 
not in love, certainly not in day to day life."

FLORENCE BOLLARD WAS  often described as the nicest person people had ever met. Her natural compassion leaked out of every pore, shown in the way she would stop on the street to compliment a child on their teddy bear or in the countless hours she spent volunteering at a number of different organisations. 

HER PASSION FOR writing and murder mysteries had been the reason she had gotten mixed up in the Thrombey family in the first place, as an intern under the one and only Harlan Thrombey.

BUT WHAT MANY people didn't understand was how she ended up with one Ransom Drysdale, the classic trust fund playboy. It appeared that he didn't care about anyone but himself that was of course until Florence had suddenly become his everything, his in every shape of the word. 

DESPITE YEARS TOGETHER, everyone who came across them immediately noticed one thing, they were complete opposites, different sides of the same coin, the oil and water that never mixed together no matter what happened to it. 

OPPOSITE CAN ATTRACT in the strangest of ways but the story of Florence Bollard and Ransom Drysdale wasn't such a case. They were complete opposites that under the right pressure would start to self-destruct. 

And the death of Harlan Thrombey might just be that right pressure. 

STARRING...

emmy rossum as florence 'flo' bollard

(the writer)

chris evans as hugh ransom drysdale

(the trust fund playboy)

&&

the knives out cast as their respective characters

disclaimer

i do not own 'knives out', nor plot or characters. all rights go to their rightful owners. i do own florence bollard and her story, so please do not steal my characters or my plot line of oil and water.

there will be mature themes in this story including violence, language, death as well as other mature themes. if this upsets you in any way please do not continue. 

author's note

yes, i know that i'm publishing this at the wrong time and the hype of knives out is long over but i simply couldn't resist the temptation. i absolutely love this movie, the plot and of course chris evans so i had to!

but most importantly thank you for reading this book! i hope you enjoy it. 

first published: 13/05/2020

completed: