1. The First Meeting

Once upon a time in the kingdom of Barden, there was a princess. Her name was Chloe. She just turned 17 and was getting ready to be passed off into an arranged marriage that her parents arranged as soon as she was born. But Chloe didn't like that. She wanted to marry for love.

It's a beautiful day outside and Chloe is basking in the sun from her balcony. There's a knock on her door. "Come in!" She calls.

The door opens and in walks a tall blonde with a smile on her face. "Hey."

Chloe turns around and smiles. "Aubrey!" She squeals and runs to hug her. "What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be on your honeymoon right now?"

"Gabriel got called off for war, so we have to postpone the honeymoon. I was bored, so decided to come see my best friend. Wanna go out and walk around town for a while?"

"Yes! It's been too long since I've been to town. I've been stuck in the castle for three weeks."

"Then hurry and get dressed. I'll meet you downstairs." Aubrey said and left the room.

The redheaded princess quickly finds her best casual dress and it just so happens to be baby blue to match her eyes. She puts on her corset then the dress and puts her hair in a high half bun. She races down the stairs and grabs her clutch before joining Aubrey in the foyer. "Ready! How do I look?"

"You look beautiful. Come on." She said and the two walked out and got in the carriage that's gonna take them to town.

Twenty minutes later, they arrive and Aubrey and Chloe get out to walk around. "Ahh." Chloe sighs in contentment. "Free at last!"

The blonde giggles. "You're so weird, Chloe. Come on." She said and leads the redhead to the baker's shop. "How much for two loafs of fresh baked bread?"

A young man looks up. "Four shillings." He said.

Aubrey pulls out 4 shillings and hands them to the man. He hands her two loafs of fresh bread. "Thank you. You have a nice a day."

"Thank you, Miss. You too."

Aubrey smiles and turns to talk to Chloe only to see she's gone. "Oh, Chloe. Where have you gotten to this time?" She says to herself and shaking her head. She leaves the shop in search of her friend.

[With Chloe]

*That voice is so BEAUTIFUL. I must know the source of it.* She thinks to herself. She's walking around following the said voice and ends up in the woods. "That's strange. Who would be in the woods by themselves?" She says aloud to herself. But she continues to follow the voice until she sees a young woman a bit younger than herself it seems with brown hair and maid's dress. "Hello?"

The brunette startles and looks to see who would be in the woods. She recognizes her immediately. "Princess Chloe. What are you doing here?"

"I came to town with my best friend and heard you singing. The voice was so beautiful, I had to follow it and see who the source was. Then I came upon you. What are you doing in the middle of the woods by yourself? And may I ask your name?"

"I can't. And the reason for why I'm here is to escape my father. He's been insufferable since I turned fourteen and I just needed a place I could be by myself and relax for a while." She said.

"Well, I can understand that. My own parents have been insufferable too. I'm being forced to marry soon Prince Conner of the Summer Isles. I hate it. I want to marry for love. Not because my parents chose for me as soon as I was born."

"I'm sorry. That sucks. And I thought MY life sucked." The brunette said and hugged the princess.

Chloe lays her head on the tiny woman's shoulder and holds her arm in a semi hug. "Thanks."

The two girls sat like that for a while. When the sun began to set, they realized it was late and said their goodbyes. Chloe went back to town and the mysterious brunette went further into the woods and out of sight.