4. Comfort

Chloe ran so far into the woods, she didn't realize she wasn't in her kingdom anymore. But when she gets tired of running, she finds a nice log and sits on it.

"Princess Chloe?"

The princess jumped startled and looked to see a familiar face. "Princess Beca?"

The brunette nodded. "Sorry to have startled you. I know it's late. I wasn't expecting anyone to be in here. Especially this far in."

"What?"

"You're in Winchester territory right now. But don't worry. I'll protect you." She reassured as she sat next to the redhead. "I snuck out after my father went to sleep. I needed to come think. What are you doing out here so late and why are you crying?" She asked gently.

Chloe wiped her eyes. "I got back to the castle and went through the gardens. I hadn't expected for Prince Conner to be in the gardens let alone waiting for me. When he saw me, he yelled at me for sneaking off. Proceeded to boss me around like some maid. So instead of answering him about where I was, I told him off and went to my chambers. I screamed out my anger and I guess one of the maids had heard me. She informed my father and Prince Conner was so mad at me that he also spoke to my father. My father summoned me and my personal maid Sandra had informed me. So I went to see him. He looked displeased and I didn't know why until I realized the prick was standing next to him as he explained. I told the truth about what happened and the prick tried to make it off like I was the one lying. So I explained to my father why would I lie if I never have before. It's pointless. So I mentioned he couldn't possibly make me marry the prick. He then explained there was nothing he could do to change that and that he'd have a talk with the prick. So I was crying because I realized there's no point in trying to convince him to not make me marry the prick. No point in trying to make my argument after speaking with you earlier. So I just ran and came here. I didn't even realize I ran this far. Then you showed up and the rest is history."

"Oh, Chloe. That's awful! I'm so sorry." Beca said and hugged her in comfort.

Chloe hugged her back tightly and cried again some more. "I hate this. I hate HIM!"

"I know. And I don't blame you. I'd be the same way if I was in your position. I hate the prick just because he treats you the way he does. But it's ok. I'm here. And I'm not going anywhere. You're safe with me." She said rubbing her back. She kissed her temple too. "And I think as far as the argument, it just wasn't the right time. You'll have your chance. Don't give up yet."

The redhead huffs a small laugh. "How is it that I got so lucky to meet you?"

"I don't normally believe in fate, but I would say it has something to do with that."

Chloe hugs her tighter then pulls away enough to look at her. "Thank you. We should both get going. It's really late."

"Anytime." Beca says with a small smile.

They hug one last time and the brunette takes the older princess to the border of their kingdoms before heading home herself.