Chapter 21

"Hope on, hope ever ! though to-day be dark, 

The sweet sunburst may smile on thee tomorrow"

                                                   Gerald Massey,  Hope on, Hope ever.

"While there is life, there's hope".

                                                 Gay, The Sick man and the Angel, line 4-9.

"Whatever you do, make it an offering to me - the food you eat, the sacrifices you make.

the help you give, even your suffering"

                                                                                   Bhagvat Gita.

"In sorrows not dejected, and in joys

Not overjoyed; dwelling outside the stress

Of passion, fear, and anger;  fixed in calms

Of lofty contemplation;--such an one

Is Muni, is the Sage, the true Recluse!"and 

                                                 Sir Edwin Arnold, Song Celestial

"Fight for the sake of duty, treating alike happiness and distress, loss and gain victory 

and defeat.  Fulfilling  your duty and responsibility in this way, you will never incur sin."

                                             Bhagwad Gita, Ch 2 verse 38.

"The wise endowed with equanimity of intellect, abandon attachment to the fruits of 

actions, which bind one to the cycle of life and death.  By working in such

consciousness, they attain the state beyond all suffering."

                                            Bhagwad Gita,   Ch 2  verse 51.

"Anger leads to clouding of judgment,  which results in bewilderment of the

memory.  When the memory is bewildered, the intellect gets destroyed;  63

and when the intellect is destroyed, one is ruined.""

                                            Bhagwad Gita     Ch 2   verse 63.                             

Two years passed by with neither Bhaskar nor Latha meeting each other or having any contact with each other in person or even over telephone.  Even if there were official meetings or parties, they avoided both of them being present.  If one attended the other avoided going any where  near the place.  Invariably Bhaskar used to attend and Latha abstained from being present.  Others also understood it and never asked questions.  After expiry of two years, the case was posted and the judge received statements from both the parties that they never came into contact with each other.  That is to prove that they did not do anything whatsoever for restitution of conjugal rights during the period of mandatory two years.  Bhaskar had specifically, reiterated in his statement that he was of the same stand as he had taken in his petition and he had pressed for divorce being granted.  The judge who heard their case initially had retired and the judge who heard them now was a younger person.  He went through the statements and found that Bhaskar had not changed his stand and there was no restitution of conjugal rights.  Latha had mentioned in her statement that she had no basis for changing her stand made in the court unless Bhaskar was prepared to change his stand.  His final statement filed in the Court was endorsed to her through her lawyer.  Bhaskar had again reiterated in his statement filed after two years that he was very particular to have divorce and that he was not prepared to give any settlement to his wife or bestow any financial support to his daughter on the plea that her mother was earning as much as he was doing.  Latha also made it clear that she was not interested in any monetary benefit for herself or her daughter.  The judge after going through all the records, specifically asked Bhaskar if he was still of the same stand as he had taken two years ago.  Bhaskar then mentioned that he would pray for divorce with no commitment  to any one.  When Latha was asked  by the judge about her willingness to agree for divorce with no support from Bhaskar, she said, " Your Honour, as he had not changed his mind and is still bent upon leaving us with no support, I am not going to plead for any support from him in any manner or stand in the way of his walking away by divorce."  So, the judge passed the decree accordingly.  The curtain was drawn.  They were freed from each other legally also.