Chapter Two - Distract My Brain

She had finally gotten home at about 1am that morning once everything from the show had been sorted and dealt with. Leaving her pretty much no time to process what a chaotic day it had been before she crawled into bed and passed out. At 6:18am she was rudely awoken by her phone incessantly buzzing. She rolled over with a groan to investigate what on earth was so important. 18 unread texts from a single number that she still had yet to save in her phone, and for how Matty was travelling at the moment he was about to have his number blocked. As soon as she started scrolling through the messages her phone started ringing. She answered without looking, knowing full well who it was.

"What, Matty?" She asked, the annoyance thick in her tone.

"You weren't answering my texts." He answered simply.

Fucking read receipts... "Because it's six in the morning. I was asleep." She mumbled in anger; her voice half muffled by the fact that her face was pressed into her pillow.

"Oh... Is it?" He asked absent-mindedly, she could hear shuffling on the other end of the line. "Jetlag is a wonderful thing." He laughed.

"Go. To. Sleep." She ordered as she hung up the phone and put it back on her bedside table. Her phone buzzed once more after she hung up, simply with an address and a time. She took a brief glance at it. 10am. That was manageable.

After a couple more hours of patchy sleep, and thankfully no more text messages, she finally got out of bed and got her shit together. The address he had given her ended up being a hotel, and it seemed to be a pretty snazzy one from what she could see in the lobby. Lots of gold trimming on things, a fountain in the centre of the room, a five-star restaurant, the works. They even had some glass thing near the check in desk filled with iced water with chunks of lemon in it. As she was distracted looking around the expensive ground floor of the building, she felt a hand land on her shoulder. For a brief moment she half expected it to be a hotel employee about to ask her to leave for loitering, but she turned around to be greeted by a grinning Matty. He was in much more casual clothes than the last time she had seen him in the stage suit; ripped jeans, a plain shirt, dark glasses. His hair however looked like he hadn't touched it since he came off stage.

"Did you sleep at all after the show?" She asked, eyeing his sunglasses and the bed head look.

"A bit." He shrugged. "I'm sure I would've slept better with company." He added with a suggestive look over the frame of his glasses.

"I'm pretty sure you wouldn't have." She shot back with an eyeroll. He laughed at that, opening his mouth to throw in another witty comeback, but she figured she'd stop that conversation before it started. "Anyway, where are we going? What is this shit that you have to do today?"

He pulled a small slip of paper out of his pocket and read over the information scribbled on it. "We are going to some radio station for an on-air interview thing at twelve, and then there's another one somewhere else at three." He answered, starting to walk towards the doors of the lobby.

She glanced back towards the elevators before following him, "Are the rest of the band coming?"

"No. Those dickheads got to go home last night. They only want me for the interviews." He huffed.

They stepped out onto the pavement outside the hotel and Matty took a moment to take in his surroundings. "All right, so this is the address we're going to first," He said as he handed the slip of paper to her, "you gotta get us there and keep an eye on the time so that I'm not late to this thing."

She stared at the paper for a second, before looking back at him with a frown. "Why?"

"Because I am entrusting you with this very delicate task." He said as he pulled a cigarette out of his pocket and lit it.