Chapter 1 - The Robbery

His arm fell heavy on my waist and trapped me in bed for longer than I wanted to. To be honest, though, it didn't bother me. Yesterday was a difficult day and an extra hour of sleep may have seemed like a salvation. Or maybe not, considering that my brain has been signaling my body to wake up already half an hour ago. Unfortunately, I'm the kind of person, who wakes up from the first beam of light coming through the window. I raised my head slightly to see the clock next to his nightstand. 6:58. Some sun rays fell on his naked body, emphasizing his toned muscles. I brought my left hand to his shoulder, gently touching his skin under my fingers and gradually caressing him up to his neck and along the jawline. One lock of his hair fell on his forehead and I gently moved it aside, trying to not wake him up.
"Maybe in another life you and i will be together without any obstacles", I whispered and moved his arm slightly to break free from his shackles. I got out of bed silently, trying not to wake him up and got dressed with the necessary. Besides, at the end of the hallway was my room and I would go straight in the shower. As I was putting on my blouse and picking up the rest of my clothes from the floor, I heard him inhale deeply. He woke up.
"We can put the obstacles aside as long as we both want to", he said slowly as his sleepy voice struggled to come out of his throat.
"I don't think we can do that", I replied without turning my gaze to him and lowered my blouse.
"I don't understand. Why don't you want to take it more seriously? We are having a good time, sex is great and we share the same aspirations in life. You are ruining it yourself". I turned my body towards him. He was laying on his back, resting on his elbows as he looked at me.
"I may change my mind in the future, but for now I want to leave it as it is, friends with benefits".
"As you wish, Victoria".
"Ouch, you never call me like that. Did someone wake up grumpy?". A crooked smile formed on my face as I approached him through the bed. He lifted his body from the bed and sat on the edge, turning his back to me. I got closer and sat next to him, putting my crossed arms on his left shoulder and resting my head on them.
"Well,you were the one who annoyed me early in the morning, what did you expect?", he replied as he continued to look out the window in front of him.
"I want you not to show this attitude in front of the others Adrian. Are we okay?". He exhaled loudly and turned his head towards me. His lips approached mine and just before he kissed me, I stopped him with my index finger on his lips.
"Are we okay?", I asked again as he gave me a gentle kiss on the finger and smiled.
"Yes, Vic. We are fine. Go get your shower now". I got up, took my last things on hands and approached the door as he headed to his shower. I listened carefully before I opened the door, even though I know that at such time only Brian would be awake and his room was downstairs, so he had no reason to be here. I slowly opened the door and checked the hallway - there was no one. I closed the door behind me and headed as fast and quietly as possible to my room. My clothes were placed in the washing machine and within a minute I was under the hot water, letting it to wash every inch of my body and every thought from my mind.

It's 8:30 and now everyone except Jamie were in the kitchen for our morning coffee. Fortunately, Adrian behaved normally in front of the others, after all, this was our agreement. To not let anyone know what we were doing and not let it get between our work. Paul, Adrian's older brother, was making an omelet for all of us as we enjoyed the morning silence and our first cup of coffee.
"Vic, I think it's time to wake the little one", Brian said, putting a bite of bread in his mouth.
"Yeah, Vic, go wake up Jamie. Just be careful this time. Knock harder before you enter his room", Adrian replied and I tossed him a slice of bread as he laughed even harder with his brother.
"Idiot. It's not my fault that he comes out of the shower naked. People usually put a towel around them".
"Kiddo is more comfortable in this way. Or maybe he did it on purpose. It's obvious that he likes you", Paul said and continued laughing. I looked back at Brian as he was the oldest in the gang and, of course, our boss.
"What are you looking at me? I orded you to wake him up. I don't care what's going on between you two and if you fuck at nights or he simply jacks it off thinking about you. It's 8:30 and we need him for todays job. Vamos!". I exhaled and moved my chair back. I was slowly headed towards his room on the first floor.I don't like pretending to be his mother. It's around time to buy him an alarm clock. I like Jamie, don't get me wrong, he is a great kid and perfect in his job, but the last couple of months he's showing his attraction to me more than usual and this makes me uncomfortable around him. He is a beautiful man but I am 6 years older than him, I see him as my little brother. I knocked on his door twice but no answer. I knocked again, this time even harder but the result was the same.
"Jamie, It's Vic. Good morning. It's time to get up". Flop. I grabbed the handle and opened it very slowly. Luckily, he opened the door and he was dressed too.
"Good morning. Sorry for being late, I was in the bathroom. I'll get down in a little bit". He smiled intensely and leaned against the door, coming closer to me.
"Just so you know, Brian needs you and he is annoyed by your delay".
"And when does Brian has no nerves? Or at least that's what he always shows. Oh... and I like your hair. There is something different, right?".
"Yeah, I dyed them black yesterday. Thank you".
"I like the contrast between your dark hair and your hazel eyes".
"Again, thank you. Anyway, come as fast as you can", I replied and smiled gently before leaving the room and head back to the kitchen. My food was finally on my plate and I ate my breakfast in silence.