17

Amelia's P.O.V.

That night when I found the gun under their bed, I played it off as if I hadn't seen anything but I still did and it's been bugging me. The worst part of everything is that when I went to inspect it, I saw a small drop of blood on it. Had they killed people before? Are they really criminals? I've been avoiding them these past days and they haven't seemed to notice much because they're mostly at work now.

Other than that, Dona is back to her old self, luckily. Tonight, in fact, is her birthday party. I don't have any courses today so I'm in charge of setting up everything for the party and make a surprise for her. It was a little too much work for me alone so I've called Nick to come over and help me. He doesn't have courses today either so he's available and gonna be here at any minute.

About five minutes later the doorbell rang. I went to the door and opened it revealing a smiling Nick.

"Hey, come in." I smiled at him and he gladly walked inside. He was carrying a bag with supplies for the party. I told him to place everything on the kitchen table and we chose to start hanging ribbons on the ceiling.

"Are you planning on coming tonight?" I asked him while holding the tiny ladder so he can attach the ribbon on the ceiling.

"Maybe. I don't have anything to do so I might stop by."

"Well, I hope you'll come. Besides Dona, you're the only friend I have at school." He smiled at my statement.

We were hanging ribbons for about thirty minutes then Nick started blowing balloons and I was cleaning the house. Dona texted me a few minutes earlier that she'll be at a friend called Megan's house so I'll have more time to prepare the house. Edan also texted to confirm their presence at the party. I kept my reply short because I was still kind of shocked about what I've found under the bed the other day. The fact that they had a gun under there isn't what scares me the most, it was the bloodstain that was on it. Are they criminals?

"Amelia." I whipped my head towards Nick who seemed to be calling me for some time.

"Yeah?"

"Someone has been ringing the doorbell." That's when I noticed the sound of the doorbell.

"Oh, sorry." I chuckled nervously.

"No worries, I'm gonna go get some more balloons in your room." I nodded and went to the door.

"Kelly? What are you doing here? The party doesn't start until eight." She was there smiling at me holding a bag of God knows what.

"I know but I thought it would be a great idea to help out. Dona is my best friend so of course, I'll know exactly what she likes and what she doesn't."

"I don't think that ne-"

"Thanks for accepting my help." She cut me off and invited herself inside my house tossing me to the side so she could get in. What is she up to now?

"Okay, so I brought tones of liquor which I'm sure you wouldn't have thought of buying so you'll thank me later. I also brought some fog machines and-"

"Amelia I can't find the-" Kelly was cut by Nick who had just come out of my room. They both stared at each other for a while until I cleared my throat. The attention went to me and I rose a brow at them.

"Do you guys know each other?" I asked.

"Yes, we used to date." Kelly sighed and went further into the kitchen. Nick's eyes followed her skeptically before he pulled me closer to him.

"How do you know her?" He whispered.

"I don't really know her, she's just one of Dona's friends." His face was completely serious and it was worrying me a little.

"Listen to me carefully she's not-" He got cut by Kelly who was now standing next to us again.

"Don't you have to leave Nick?" She rose a brow at him and he gulped. Right before leaving the house he whispered to me.

"Keep your eyes open and be careful."

I kind of felt bad for writing such a short chapter so I'm updating earlier than usual

I also have two other chapters in stock so they'll be published tomorrow morning

- Queenishh