Quarter - 27

"Huh? Why he didn't pick up?"

"Why eonni?"

"Nothing. He just don't pick up his phone,"

She grab the proposal in front of her. Scanned some moodboard and close it on the first page.

W Magazine Photoshoot Proposal

Muse:
Moon Su Inn
Joy Red Velvet

'Wow'

'I am going to work with Su Inn Oppa outside the court'

"But why he didn't pick up?" Joy clicked her tongue. "I am checking Eun Woo and Seon Ho last update and they're still on the set for dinner. Is he driving?"

She rolled over on her bed.

"Yerim-ah,"

"Hmm?"

"Do you think I fell for him?"

"For who? Su Inn Oppa?"

Joy nodded.

"100%!" Yeri made an 'okay' sign with her finger. "Eonni, you are the worst when you tried to cover up your feeling,"

"Jjinja?"

"Well, it went the same with Sungjae Oppa." Yeri hold her words before decided to spill. "You remember how excited you were when you with him?"

Joy nailed her gaze at the ceiling.

"I was Yerim-ah. But with Su Inn Oppa, everything feels different,"

"What makes it different?"

"I don't know. He's so mature? No, no, that's not how you called him." She bit her lips, feel stupid because she can not find the exact word to describe Su Inn perfectly.

"He's shining, eonni," Yeri stared at her. Push her phone near her eonnie. "He made you laugh even with no words,"

Yeri pointed her finger to her phone screen. It's a very short video when Su Inn asked her for a high five and hold her hand for a moment.

 It's a very short video when Su Inn asked her for a high five and hold her hand for a moment

"That was a brief action but look at your face. You just like got a diamond ring," Yeri took her phone back. "You were smiling ear to ear."

"Jjinja?" Joy laid her head on top her hand. "Eotokke Yerim-ah?"

She nonchalanty asked some nonsese that earned an eyeroll from her maknae.

"What? Just tell him you like him. Jjinja eonni.."

Yeri lost her words before their doorbell rang.

"Huh? Who is it?" Joy slided her body down from bed and walked to the door. Irene and Seulgi just left to look after for Wendy. So she just with Yeri at dorm.

"Ne?" She calmly open the door before tried to close it quickly but a firm arm succeed hold the door.

"What do you want? I thought we have a clear picture about our conversation few days ago?" Joy sharply glance at the one who hold her door. It was Sungjae.

"Sooyoung-ah. I am so sick about this. Just let me start again with you, huh?"

"No oppa, and now could you please leave my dorm?" Still trying to close the door.

"Listen. I just met your so-called-oppa, Moon Su Inn,"

Joy loosen her grip.

'What?'

"You what?" Joy opened her door widely and push Sungjae shoulder. "What the heck you were doing oppa?! Just leave him alone!"

"Eonni what's happening?" Yeri rushed out from her room and her eyes widen when she saw Sungjae. "What are you doing here oppa?" She clinged to her eonni, tried to protect her.

"Malhaebwa oppa! What did you said to him?!" Joy couldn't hold her anger. She suddenly understand about something that happened before. Su Inn was not picking up his phone. He ignored her message. Everything happened because all of this shit.

"Nothing. I just said that I want to start our relationship again,"

Joy scoffed. She feels her breath run out roughly.

"I clearly told you that you have to stay away from him, oppa," She let out a silent laugh. "Don't you understand?"

"Why I have to stay away from him if he's the one who can stay away from you?"

'What?'

"Listen Sooyoung-ah. What's your reason asked me to stay away from him? You clearly could see that he's the one who putting his nose into our business."

"I just asked you to do so! It doesn't need any reason!"

"Why? Because you like him?" Sungjae questioned in a slightly defensive tone.

Joy gritted her teeth.

"Yes! I like him! I like him so much!"

Sungjae scoffed.

"But he doesn't like you Sooyoung-ah. No, he likes you, but not in a lover way,"

'Huh?'

Joy felt her chest is aching. Her eyes started to build unshed tears.

"Sungjae-ssi? What are you doing here?" Irene's voice break the moment of silent that happened after Sungjae's words. She instantly stepped defensively in front of Joy and regarded him with hostility.

"Sungjae-ssi, you should go before you get into trouble," She said in a firm tone. "Do you want to have a deal with our agency?"

"Irene Noonim.."

"Please?" She tighten her jawline and remained impassive while looked straight into Sungjae's face. As predicted from a leader. She need to protect her member at any cost.

"Okay okay," Sungjae raised his hand and nodded. "I'll go now but I am not promise that I won't come again," He glanced sideways to Seulgi who assist Yeri to help Joy went to her room before stepped away from Red Velvet's dorm.

Irene shut the door and locked it. Ran hurriedly to the room and found out Joy all broke down on her bed.

"Eonni, eotokke?" She cried histerically. "This must be Su Inn Oppa's reason why he ignored my call. No, eonni no, what should I do? What did Sungjae Oppa told him?" She felt super emosional til she couldn't hold her sadness out.

'No, not again Sooyoung-ah..'

*****