[ 01:00:00 ]

-X-

-01:00:00-

That's a Boinkie Toinkie Boo kuya! Little Charlie came running—with a sea star clipped in between his thumb and index finger—towards Marvin who was trying to make a sandcastle. The sun was gently radiating above them with some puffy summer clouds evenly distributed all over the skies. The sea danced with silvers as it gradually kissed the shore while the breeze blew with a touch of its cold fingers upon the summer skin of the beach.

Hey, kiddos! Arnold called them from the nipa hut. The two looked in his direction and paused. He was a man in his late thirties wearing a gray shirt with a picture of Garfield smiling and floral knickers; he called out while waving his right hand. Come over here and let's have something to eat! He waited for the two as they came running towards the hut. Behind him was their mother preparing lunch. She was wearing her favorite pink dress which was fluttering with the wind just like the way her hair swayed. She looked younger in that dress. Above all that was her smile and the glitter in her eyes as she looked at Arnold to meet their sons midway.

Come on now. Eat first before plunging in the water, Shelly said. She noticed that Charlie had a starfish hanging in his fingers and so she asked him childishly, And what do you have with you, Charlie?

He is Pathrick. Charlie raised his hand with the marine animal. Kuya said this is fishie but I can't see any fin or tail with it, moma, Charlie said while he curiously observed the sea star with its arms lazily creeping on its other arms.

Well, IT is called a starfish. It's not Patrick, Marvin explained while snatching a sandwich from the food basket.

But it not a fishie either! Charlie insisted.

Aye! Aye! Captain. Patrick is a starfish. But let's settle for sea star, Marvin replied while he munched the sandwich. He tried to suppress the annoyance by thinking that Charlie only saw a couple of Spongebob episodes.

Okay, put Patrick aside first. Wash your hands now. She looked at Marvin emphasizing you as well. Their mother held a pitcher of water on her right and a small piece of soap on her left. Charlie squatted and placed Patrick on the sand. He stretched out his hands as his mother poured the water on his hand.

It was certainly a happy memory.