Chapter Nine

After I finally left the office I don't even know how I got home. I just started waking and before I knew it I was home. I opened my door finding Lorenzo on my couch hunched over. His hands were in his hair. His head shot up when the door slammed. Then all hell broke loose, me knowing this is just the beginning for myself.

"Where have you been?" He shouted jumping up to his feet.

"I was at the doctors." Dreading to tell him.

His eye softened a little but hi body language was still angry at me, "Are you okay?"

I shook my head going to sit down on the couch gesturing for him to do also.

He sits. Now or never.

"I've had cancer for several years now in my lungs. I only have a year to live only if I don't find a transplant. I'm pregnant too."

From then on I explained everything the doctor told me that could happen to us. After I was finished I just waited for his response.

"Abort it." He said simply.

"What?"

"You heard me abort it. I will not lose you to cancer nor to that child. Yes, I would of loved to be a dad but not if it means losing you." He says facing me now.

"I can't. Even after how I found out I love him or her." I can't even look him in the face.

He stands up, "Are you out of your mind Ariana!" He shouted at me. He continues, "You will get rid of it and I will find you a transplant. When you get better we will try again."

How could he say that this is our child. I already love this baby more than myself how could I sacrifice it.

"No." Shaking my head.

He walks in front of me ms bends down, "This isn't up for discussion Ariana."

I look up at him and he looks torn apart.

"I'm sorry that you feel that way. But I for one is keeping it. If you have a problem there is the door." I yell at him pointing my hand to the door.

"I won't leave you ever. You are mine." He says.

"Well it looks like we are gonna be parents." I won't say it allowed but he could be a single dad.

After all that we order pizza and stay in.

The rest of the night was full of silence other than commenting here and their on the movie we watched.

I was to busy in my thoughts and I could tell he was to with a blank stare.

I will fight for this baby's life and mine as well I will not go down with out a fight.

I started to doze off on the couch. An hour or so later through it.

"Come on let's get you to bed this has been a long day.

I nod and stand up we make our way to my bed. I slip in and go into a ball. He slides in next an goes behind me hugging me close.

"I won't give up on finding you a transplant you will make it and so will our son or daughter. I will protect you both with my life." He says softly into my ear.

I felt tears drop down my cheek knowing this is going to be a long bumpy ride ahead of us.

Before the tears hit the pillow a warm thumb caught them before the fell.

"Like I said I'll always catch you." In a tender voice.

*sorry this chapter is shorter I promise next one will be long*